Random Thoughts

dll2000

3 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Holy crap we won. 27-20. Ben went 11-16, threw 2 TDs and ran for another. Had a 60+ yard passing TD on a major underthrow the WR came back for and had a ton of rollouts that he either took an easy out or drag or ran it. 

The other TD was a jet sweep that was suppose to be a fake but Ben handed it off to the wrong kid. 

We were told Ben is staying the starter until further notice since this other kid is always late. He never showed up though. So I'm going to be running routes a lot this next week. Ugh.

Haha,  good for you guys,  that's awesome.  Let us know when you're back to walking on the solid ground, bet you're doing alright today man.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

We were told Ben is staying the starter until further notice since this other kid is always late. He never showed up though.

Drummers and QBs.  Both always show up late....or not all.

Me; Hey dude.  You're late.  When you gonna get here.  We start in 30 minutes.

Drummer; Aw man, did we have a gig tonight?  Crap.  I'm up at Copper skiing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Are you able to watch the game @Madmike90?

This is DOMINATION!!!

Unexpected, but wholeheartedly embraced by us in HawkeyeLand! 

Unfortunately not...for some reason over here we were getting the Tulsa vs. Houston game...you know rather than the #5 team in the nation...great choice 😂 I was keeping an eye on the box score though...31 points in the 2nd quarter and 5 INTs overall is pretty insane but of course Phil Parker still won't get the credit he is due...will watch the highlights when I get the chance...

Only bad thing from the game was one of my favourite WRs Dontay Demus Jr. have that terrible looking leg injury.

• Like 1

My boy is 11 for 12 with 3 TDs. Only one long pass but it was wide open. He threw two slants to twins for good yards then we set up the same play where the they both started with slants but the slot kicked out for a long TD. He had a long run that was supposed to be a 28 stretch again but the RB thought it was 28 blast bootleg pass so he got set up as a backside blocker. Ben bootlegged back and the DE was the only one there so he tossed a stupid looking lob to the RB who got a TD. Last was a bootleg that he was where going to scramble but the CB started coming at him so he flattened out and threw a nice 10 yards for a 30ish yard TD.Kid ran for a few firsts too.

Bad plays - has been blown up hard when he was the lead blocker on a reverse. He made one ship and the LB absolutely crushed him when he looked back for the RB. 

Throwing the ball right into his RGs lower back when the ball slipped out of his hand. Throw looked downright feminine. 😂 

Edit - game ended 33 to nothing. Went to run only and rotated a lot of kids to get time all the 2nd half. Ben took snaps but only handed the ball off. 

Edited by Sugashane
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

My boy is 11 for 12 with 3 TDs. Only one long pass but it was wide open. He threw two slants to twins for good yards then we set up the same play where the they both started with slants but the slot kicked out for a long TD. He had a long run that was supposed to be a 28 stretch again but the RB thought it was 28 blast bootleg pass so he got set up as a backside blocker. Ben bootlegged back and the DE was the only one there so he tossed a stupid looking lob to the RB who got a TD. Last was a bootleg that he was where going to scramble but the CB started coming at him so he flattened out and threw a nice 10 yards for a 30ish yard TD.Kid ran for a few firsts too.

Bad plays - has been blown up hard when he was the lead blocker on a reverse. He made one ship and the LB absolutely crushed him when he looked back for the RB. 

Throwing the ball right into his RGs lower back when the ball slipped out of his hand. Throw looked downright feminine. 😂 

Edit - game ended 33 to nothing. Went to run only and rotated a lot of kids to get time all the 2nd half. Ben took snaps but only handed the ball off. 

This is awesome to hear your game reports, really happy for your fam.  Go get it kid!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

This is awesome to hear your game reports, really happy for your fam.  Go get it kid!

Appreciate it a lot, he was feeling like a barnyard stud from the look of his strut. lol By the time we got home he asked what to do about his neck, so I had to give him ibuprofen and 15 minutes on and off with an icepack. He's getting embarrassed because I said that's the price to be the stud QB.

Or as @CBears019 would say, "the stud Arab"  😁

Wife's birthday was a few days ago so I got tickets to an orchestra performance for us (usually it is an anniversary thing but COVID shut down all theater last year). It was tonight and I have to admit, I missed it. Kids made some disgustingly sweet no-bake cookie balls for us and were drinking their "wine" in our finest coffee mugs to mock us.

I'm raising so high-brow hillbillies y'all.

• Like 3

After warm ups we did individual drills and then races. Might have just had the funniest moment lve ever witnessed in practice. 

We call skill positions "skills" and our linemen "bullies", and it was the skills race. We have their backs to the baseball fence and they have to run to the white line for the other field and back to the fence. Our top three are gunning to the white line and one kid trips, hits hard and makes an inhuman squawk. Little dude bounces over the white line. My son staggers back to the fence laughing so he gets like 5th or 6th place and another pair of kids are on their hands and knees laughing to the point of tears. 

Jay (the kid who ate it) is sprawled out on his belly and finally turns his head to look at me. Kid looks me in the eye and said "I suck at life Coach."

Im dying at this point but help him up. He takes off and burns to the fence. He beat the two who were laughing on the ground. 

Best race ever. 

• Like 2

On 10/2/2021 at 9:42 PM, Sugashane said:

Wife's birthday was a few days ago so I got tickets to an orchestra performance for us (usually it is an anniversary thing but COVID shut down all theater last year).

A whole orchestra thing?  You mean like the Grateful Dead or something?  😁

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 10:42 PM, Sugashane said:

Appreciate it a lot, he was feeling like a barnyard stud from the look of his strut. lol By the time we got home he asked what to do about his neck, so I had to give him ibuprofen and 15 minutes on and off with an icepack. He's getting embarrassed because I said that's the price to be the stud QB.

Or as @CBears019 would say, "the stud Arab"  😁

Wife's birthday was a few days ago so I got tickets to an orchestra performance for us (usually it is an anniversary thing but COVID shut down all theater last year). It was tonight and I have to admit, I missed it. Kids made some disgustingly sweet no-bake cookie balls for us and were drinking their "wine" in our finest coffee mugs to mock us.

I'm raising so high-brow hillbillies y'all.

An orchestra?   Classy.

classy GIF

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

An orchestra?   Classy.

classy GIF

20 years ago I'd have never thought about it. I fully blame the wife. 

She is a hell of a violinist for someone who never pursued a musical career. Grew up in Des Moines and they had violin as an instrument all the way back since like 3rd grade. Ill use the Shazam app on our classical station and she'll know 4 out of 5 songs. Its crazy to me but she lets me have my football fanaticism so she's due her own. Lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

20 years ago I'd have never thought about it. I fully blame the wife. 

She is a hell of a violinist for someone who never pursued a musical career. Grew up in Des Moines and they had violin as an instrument all the way back since like 3rd grade. Ill use the Shazam app on our classical station and she'll know 4 out of 5 songs. Its crazy to me but she lets me have my football fanaticism so she's due her own. Lol. 

I think it would be incredible to have a partner who was a skilled classically trained musician.  Violin and cello are great partners for an acoustic guitar.   Can I borrow her for a few jam sessions brother???  😄

• Like 2