Jimmy Garoppolo traded to Niners

Texansfan713

5 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

The San Francisco 49ers acquired Jimmy Garoppolo in a trade with the New England Patriots on Monday night, and as a corresponding move, they apparently will be releasing Brian Hoyer.

One interesting twist to San Francisco releasing Hoyer is where he may end up. The Patriots traded third-string QB Jacoby Brissett to Indy before the season, and now they just dealt their second-string QB to San Francisco. They have a need for a backup, and Hoyer seems like a perfect fit.

Hoyer signed with the Patriots in 2009 and played with them for three seasons before moving on and eventually spending a few years as a starter in the league.

http://.com/football/49ers-release-brian-hoyer-sign-patriots/406025

The path has been paved for you Jimmy.

25 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

@J-ALL-DAY I just rewatched that Redskins game.. don't know how you didn't see any flashes there. He connected on about every short-intermediate route. Great on his feet. And that TD pass he had to A. Robinson where he evaded the rush, stepped up in the pocket, and hit him deep in stride. That was a solid solid game for his first NFL action

Sure, made a nice play on the Robinson TD but also threw like three should be INTs. Even that game you could see his limitations. As often times when the back up comes in, he will provide some juice but you really see what you have the following week. Look at Hogan in Cleveland. Plays great in back up duty, and then he starts the following week and is down right terrible. 

Again, hoping for the best. Not rooting against him. 

1 minute ago, malak1 said:

Eh, most teams do that with their players. Just go check out the Brett Hundley trade value thread. ???

I know I wouldnt trade Landry Jones for anything less than 3 first round picks.

....or....ya know....a half eaten sandwich out of a dumpster.   

Whichever is offered first.   

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I know I wouldnt trade Landry Jones for anything less than 3 first round picks.

....or....ya know....a half eaten sandwich out of a dumpster.   

Whichever is offered first.   

Depends on the sandwich. I could see there being a debate

8 hours ago, malak1 said:

Eh, most teams do that with their players. Just go check out the Brett Hundley trade value thread. ???

You must just really hate the Packers, huh?

Everyone in there is saying 3rd or 4th rounder AT BEST.. most saying likely a 5th. 

Archived