Jimmy Garoppolo traded to Niners

Texansfan713

Well, I don't like it and would have wanted more for Jimmy, but we have no idea what teams were offering. Essentially, we've turned a 3rd round pick into pretty much a first, with only 3 or 4 games of production to spare. 

I really liked Jimmy, I was looking forward to him (not at the expense of Tom, though) but he is being over-hyped somewhat. Still makes some pretty egregious mistakes, but then you expect that from a green QB. Go well, Jimmy. You handsome b.

In Bill we trust. 

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Well, I don't like it and would have wanted more for Jimmy, but we have no idea what teams were offering. Essentially, we've turned a 3rd round pick into pretty much a first, with only 3 or 4 games of production to spare. 

I really liked Jimmy, I was looking forward to him (not at the expense of Tom, though) but he is being over-hyped somewhat. Still makes some pretty egregious mistakes, but then you expect that from a green QB. Go well, Jimmy. You handsome b.

In Bill we trust. 

It's second!! It's not 'pretty much a first' just because it will be an early 2nd round pick. Sorry pet peeve of mine.

I think the only part of this I don't like, is the Pats waited this long to trade him. Why not trade him in the offseason and just keep Brissett as a solid backup. Something happens to Tom in the second half of the season, that 2nd round pick won't mean much.

Interesting move. Let's see out Jimmy does with the 49ers. Also to the Patriots, they only have Brady as a QB on their roster now. Brady's good but he's 40, eventually he'll slow down. They got to get another guy in there to step in in case Brady has to miss time.

Archived