Jimmy Garoppolo traded to Niners

Texansfan713

7 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

So already I don't think this is a case where BB was trying to sucker Shanahan into giving up a high second for a lackluster player. As if he orchestrated JG to play well in limited action, get hurt, and dance around contract talks until some team came a knocking.

Btw I don't think the Colts are missing Dorsett for Brisett.

I like Brisett, but he's 26th in passer rating, 28th in TD's, 26th in Y/A, 18th in yards, 27th in completion percentage, and 19th in completion. Based off those stats he's the 24th best starting QB in the league. And the Colts are 2-6 and the only teams they managed to beat are currently winless. 

Now Dorsett wasn't a stud or anything, but for what he is and what Jacoby is it really wasn't a one sided trade. 

Now I don't think Belichick is trying to trick the Niner's but I think he prioritized keeping Brady in the short term over keeping Garopollo in the long term and if he wanted to keep Garopollo he could have moved on from Brady. The fact that he didn't does say something.

They’re saying the Pats really wanted to keep Jimmy, but he made it clear that he wants to be the starter. So they kept him as long as possible to work a deal out, but at the end of the day couldn’t so they took what they could. 

Sucks they couldn’t keep him.

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

They’re saying the Pats really wanted to keep Jimmy, but he made it clear that he wants to be the starter. So they kept him as long as possible to work a deal out, but at the end of the day couldn’t so they took what they could. 

Which means they picked Brady over Jimmy.

5 minutes ago, CrashMan510 said:

Watch garapolol go back to new england after the season. Free #2 and get your qb back

Won't happen. The 49ers didn't give up a second for 6-8 games. He'll get the tag if they can't make a long term deal happen

55 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I like Brisett, but he's 26th in passer rating, 28th in TD's, 26th in Y/A, 18th in yards, 27th in completion percentage, and 19th in completion. Based off those stats he's the 24th best starting QB in the league. And the Colts are 2-6 and the only teams they managed to beat are currently winless. 

Now Dorsett wasn't a stud or anything, but for what he is and what Jacoby is it really wasn't a one sided trade. 

Now I don't think Belichick is trying to trick the Niner's but I think he prioritized keeping Brady in the short term over keeping Garopollo in the long term and if he wanted to keep Garopollo he could have moved on from Brady. The fact that he didn't does say something.

Well...I don't think anyone in their right mind would move on from Brady with the way he's playing, and how healthy he always is. 40 years old or not. Brissett's stats are lackluster, but he is playing on an awful, awful team. Yet it doesn't feel like he is the problem there. For him to come to a new team at the start of the season, and play the way he has on a bad squad is impressive. 

57 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

That's what I was thinking. Who wouldn't try to have their cake and eat it too with the Brady/Graoppolo situation until the final hour? But Brady wants to keep playing so...what are gonna do? Oust Brady? No.

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Well...I don't think anyone in their right mind would move on from Brady with the way he's playing, and how healthy he always is. 40 years old or not. Brissett's stats are lackluster, but he is playing on an awful, awful team. Yet it doesn't feel like he is the problem there. For him to come to a new team at the start of the season, and play the way he has on a bad squad is impressive. 

He's not the problem. But he's also not showing enough to make me think NE regrets losing him. And you are right, nobody would get rid of Brady right now even if you only thought he had 2-3 more years left. He's been in all 6 of the last 6 AFCCG's, he's been in 3 of the last 6 Super Bowls, and he won 2 of them in historic fashion. The last 3 years he's been a minimum top 2 QB in the league imo, and he's playing the best and most consistent football he's ever played. Until there is something tangible there, every year I roll the dice on Brady.

Archived