Elden Ring

showtime

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

Was able to kill The Lord of Blood without even letting him get into his second phase, or taking a hit. Ask me how!

The good old jumping over the wall. Summoned two people in to assist with that fight and noticed neither was wearing anything and proceeded to jump over the wall. King of gave it away after that. 

7 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

The good old jumping over the wall. Summoned two people in to assist with that fight and noticed neither was wearing anything and proceeded to jump over the wall. King of gave it away after that. 

Nope. Not a cheese strat.

Here's the equipment I used:

Radahn's Great Rune w/arc
Keen Nagakiba +25 w/ double slash
Green Turtle Talisman
Viridian Amber Medallion +2
Prosthesis-Wearer Heirloom
Radagon's Scarseal

Key stats:
Dex 50
End 25

Items:
Purifying Crystal Tear + Opaline Bubbletear
Mohg's Shackle

1. Take the wondrous physick as soon as you start the fight and apply grease.

2. As soon as you're within melee range, use the shackle and L2 spam double slash until your stamina exhausts

3. Dodge through his first swipe and back away until your stamina replenishes (dodge any attacks)

4. Use the shackle again L2 spam from behind until he goes through his blood curse litany. You should be able to kill him outright even as he heals, if you manage your stamina right.

Edited by Apparition

10 hours ago, Jetzger said:

Beat the boss at the end of the capital sewers last night.  Really fun boss fight, probably my least favorite area in the game so far haha. 

Oh there's a boss down there?

I spent a while down there and got some good items, but I didn't beat the two giant scorpion things (though I looted that room), and I went to the catacombs. I'll look around some more and see what I can find.

Edit: Ah I found a whole big area I hadn't been to after dropping down a gab in the floor in the room with the three big dudes.

Edited by TheChad

How has the game been so far for you guys?

I've never played the Dark Souls games and similar games from the genre, so of course I'm wondering how difficult and challenging it will be.

I am not in a hurry to finish the game quickly, I wanna enjoy it, but is it an enjoyable game within itself or is it enjoyable if you like challenging combat?

Mohg the Omen is an absolute monster. I got completely destroyed on my first attempt. So badly that I decided to go do other things and come back to it. Went and beat Golden Godfrey on my first attempt. Felt good about myself, so I went back to Mohg. Absolutely destroyed again. Third time, I did maybe 45% damage to it. I think I'll come back later.

2 hours ago, TheChad said:

Mohg the Omen is an absolute monster. I got completely destroyed on my first attempt. So badly that I decided to go do other things and come back to it. Went and beat Golden Godfrey on my first attempt. Felt good about myself, so I went back to Mohg. Absolutely destroyed again. Third time, I did maybe 45% damage to it. I think I'll come back later.

did you get the Mohg's Shackle item?

3 hours ago, TheChad said:

He's really hard at first because his swings all have different timings for dodging, but once you get those down the rhythm is really good.  The only attack that feels slightly unfair is the exploding claw swipe, which comes out so fast and has a big enough aoe that it will hit you at the end of your dodge's iframes unless you time it perfectly.  But outside of that he has obvious punish windows (blood sweep you roll through, backing away sweep you jump heavy, spear slam into the ground you jump heavy to the side).  I will say having a ranged attack option really helps, allows you to punish the blood rain move for free, and any time he moves out of range for his melee you can usually hit him with enough room to dodge his two ranged blood attacks.  I used the Stone of Gurranq incantation and it did good damage, especially on headshots. 

I'm also curious of his resistances, because I used Rykards greatsword, and where the weapon skill usually hits enemies for 1100+ damage it was only hitting Mohg for like 300, so he must resist fire heavily.  Even the swords regular melee hits were hitting for like 320, which still sucks lol but it got the job done eventually. 

6 hours ago, Jetzger said:

He's really hard at first because his swings all have different timings for dodging, but once you get those down the rhythm is really good.  The only attack that feels slightly unfair is the exploding claw swipe, which comes out so fast and has a big enough aoe that it will hit you at the end of your dodge's iframes unless you time it perfectly.  But outside of that he has obvious punish windows (blood sweep you roll through, backing away sweep you jump heavy, spear slam into the ground you jump heavy to the side).  I will say having a ranged attack option really helps, allows you to punish the blood rain move for free, and any time he moves out of range for his melee you can usually hit him with enough room to dodge his two ranged blood attacks.  I used the Stone of Gurranq incantation and it did good damage, especially on headshots. 

I'm also curious of his resistances, because I used Rykards greatsword, and where the weapon skill usually hits enemies for 1100+ damage it was only hitting Mohg for like 300, so he must resist fire heavily.  Even the swords regular melee hits were hitting for like 320, which still sucks lol but it got the job done eventually. 

I'm 100% melee. But yeah, I found that both:

1. I wasn't doing great damage (using a Sacred Halber +19)
  2. I found a lot of his attacks really hard to dodge

But I got him to almost 50% health on the third try so I'm sure I'll get it eventually.

I would have had zero shot against some of these bosses without my trusty mimic tear. Malenia? Jesus Christ. Props to those who have the roll timing down to the point they don't even need summons. I will never be that guy lol. I need +10 weapons and Mimic tears, and OP moonveil builds.

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I'm only level 35 with 16 hours played.  I feel like that's low so I just started rune farming at Dragonsbarrow but that gets boring.  I want to get my Greatsword +6 before I hit Stormveil Castle this weekend.

You should be good to tackle Stormveil at that level. I fought Margit at level 20 and then did Stormveil shortly after that, so mid to late 20s if I remember correctly.