Week 11: Packers (8-2) at VIKINGS (4-5)

swede700

Is it just me or did Kirk Cousins throw 3 INTs that game and the stats say zero?  Sure the last drive a INT was called back but I thought Savage had a clear INT earlier in the game then another DB had a INT on the sideline in the middle of the game?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Is it just me or did Kirk Cousins throw 3 INTs that game and the stats say zero?  Sure the last drive a INT was called back but I thought Savage had a clear INT earlier in the game then another DB had a INT on the sideline in the middle of the game?

One was called back to penalty.  There was at least one broken up by the WR 

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

I think that was called back with a roughing the passer

Oh yeah that is right, just seems like Kirk was forcing it quite a lot but lucked out obviously that they did not get any INTs apparently when he easily should have been picked probably twice if not three times.  

21 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Oh yeah that is right, just seems like Kirk was forcing it quite a lot but lucked out obviously that they did not get any INTs apparently when he easily should have been picked probably twice if not three times.  

I’ll take forcing it over CJ Ham dump offs at this point. Obviously you have to strike a balance but you’ve got to consider the WRs you’re throwing too. Let them compete. While there was a higher risk for turnover there also more opportunities for DPI.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

Yeah, the stats probably look pretty good but this was a bad games for Cousins. He’s really lucky he didn’t have 2 costly interceptions.

Every single game that will happen when the offense turns into a “take chances” offense. You want to throw on 2nd down, you want to throw the ball downfield instead of checking down, expect that type of situations. We won because of taking shots but they have their repercussions a lot like only running the ball and not scoring as much and being stuffed

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I’ll take forcing it over CJ Ham dump offs at this point. Obviously you have to strike a balance but you’ve got to consider the WRs you’re throwing too. Let them compete. While there was a higher risk for turnover there also more opportunities for DPI.

True, maybe the defense is not worth protecting and just screw it, they are an offensive team and that is it.  Still pretty sad the Packers do not have their starting center, starting RB, or LT and then the new LT in Jenkins got hurt and they still could not stop them.  Then the Vikings have all the "starters" outside of Bradbury and get absolutely crushed in the pocket and make Kenny Clark look like the best interior DL in football.  

PS Xavier Woods should be benched after this showing, give me some Cam Bynum instead.  Also super disappointed in Tomlinson overall this year, has not got near the pass rush I thought and is not a huge factor in the games more often than not.  Is Willekes still on the COVID list, wish he was out there at least he gives good effort on the edge or at least did a few games back.

Is great all the talk of Zimmer is awesome defensively and he has a great record against Green Bay sure considering it could be something like 1 and 13 and is not.   But fact is if he was still so great defensively they would not suck as much as they do this year defensively.  Also they would be a hell of a lot better at developing corners than they are.

oRight now, I'm decompressing . . . on one hand, the Packers are saying "We should've had 3 take-aways today."  Cousins is purely fortunate to get out of that game with no lost fumbles and no INTs.  The incomplete catch pick was close but met all the rules of not controlling the ball through the catch.  I thought the roughing the passer call on the other was gracious.

Matter of fact, this is the first game, I felt the refs abused the opponents.  It took every ounce of my energy to keep from blowing my cork and ruining the TV . . . but I sighed big time when Thielen caught that pass on the sidelines and ran into FG range. . .  that ball could've been picked too, if the CB was under control.

In the end, the Packers Could Have won this game, but the Vikes got the breaks and made the most of them.  Therefore, they win.  Consistency is key . . . this team keeps putting up 28+ points and not turning the ball over, they could get to a point we as fans expect them to be.  The D can get better . . . it better get better.

10 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Every single game that will happen when the offense turns into a “take chances” offense. You want to throw on 2nd down, you want to throw the ball downfield instead of checking down, expect that type of situations. We won because of taking shots but they have their repercussions a lot like only running the ball and not scoring as much and being stuffed

This.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

If Cousins consistently makes mistakes like these while taking chances, I’m not sure in the long run it’s a net positive. We got lucky today.

10 minutes ago, ArcticNorseman said:

oRight now, I'm decompressing . . . on one hand, the Packers are saying "We should've had 3 take-aways today."  Cousins is purely fortunate to get out of that game with no lost fumbles and no INTs.  The incomplete catch pick was close but met all the rules of not controlling the ball through the catch.  I thought the roughing the passer call on the other was gracious.

Matter of fact, this is the first game, I felt the refs abused the opponents.  It took every ounce of my energy to keep from blowing my cork and ruining the TV . . . but I sighed big time when Thielen caught that pass on the sidelines and ran into FG range. . .  that ball could've been picked too, if the CB was under control.

In the end, the Packers Could Have won this game, but the Vikes got the breaks and made the most of them.  Therefore, they win.  Consistency is key . . . this team keeps putting up 28+ points and not turning the ball over, they could get to a point we as fans expect them to be.  The D can get better . . . it better get better.

“We should have 3 take aways- Packers fabs

“we should have won all those games this year” - Vikings fans 

Great job for Justin Jefferson breaking most of Randy Moss's records.

But fact is if Randy Moss played in the NFL today he would have almost twice the production he had.  The NFL is a completely different game now in how it is officiated and the overall offensive schemes and play calls.  You would not dare go over the middle of the field before because of the rules, now receivers do it constantly because there is no fear of being hit. 

So great Justin is having such great production but come on, Randy would have destroyed the NFL of today because he rarely if ever caught passes over the middle of the field and still could barely be stopped.  

This is in college clearly, but was against one of the toughest receivers in NFL history and this was in his college days, and that happened constantly if you went over the middle of the field, if there was a dude in the middle, he absolutely made a strike with his helmet more often than not.

sean-taylor.gif