Week 11: Packers (8-2) at VIKINGS (4-5)

swede700

Game 10

When:  1:00 PM EST November 21st

Where: U.S. Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)

TV/Radio: FOX (TV), KFAN, Sirius XM (Radio)

Announcers: Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen, Pam Oliver

Coverage Map:  https://506sports.com/2021/11-FOX-E-V2.png

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: CB Bashaud Breeland (groin), Doubtful: None, Out: OG Wyatt Davis (ankle)

Packers - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Edited by swede700

As much as I'd love to see a win, I just don't see it in the cards. Our defense is too depleted. Even at full strength it would be a challenge. Without Hunter and Peterson, we'd have to play lights out.

It may end up being an entertaining shootout, but I think their Defense will rattle Cousins more than ours will rattle Rodgers. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

As much as I'd love to see a win, I just don't see it in the cards. Our defense is too depleted. Even at full strength it would be a challenge. Without Hunter and Peterson, we'd have to play lights out.

It may end up being an entertaining shootout, but I think their Defense will rattle Cousins more than ours will rattle Rodgers. 

Cousins will have to outperform Rodgers for the Vikes to win this one. Might not be completely unfeasible with how both have played this year. However, GB clearly has the defensive advantage, will be a tough game. 

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

While it would be nice to get back into the thick of things, Green Bay is clearly the best team in the NFL right now. This isn't going to be pretty.

I'm certainly not expecting a win, but I don't think the Packers are the best team in the NFL, though their record suggests it.  I'm not sure there is a team in the NFL in the top 20 that can't beat any other team on any given Sunday, and the Vikings are barely in that top 20 (I have them at #20 in my power rankings).  People may call it parity, but I call it lots of bad football being played.  The era of the "elite" team probably has been over for quite some time now.    

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Cousins will have to outperform Rodgers for the Vikes to win this one. Might not be completely unfeasible with how both have played this year. However, GB clearly has the defensive advantage, will be a tough game. 

I was at the game in GB where the kicker couldn't kick.....it can be done. Not likely, imo, but it can.

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I'm certainly not expecting a win, but I don't think the Packers are the best team in the NFL, though their record suggests it.  I'm not sure there is a team in the NFL in the top 20 that can't beat any other team on any given Sunday, and the Vikings are barely in that top 20 (I have them at #20 in my power rankings).  People may call it parity, but I call it lots of bad football being played.  The era of the "elite" team probably has been over for quite some time now.    

I'm really surprised how fast KC fell off. And how the Bills lost two games ago. There might be two great teams in the NFC, but I'm not sure. OTOH, I thought KC and Buffalo were great still/again. (I just expected KC to outscore everyone.......just goes to show having an elite QB is not a guarantee)

5 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

I'm really surprised how fast KC fell off. And how the Bills lost two games ago. There might be two great teams in the NFC, but I'm not sure. OTOH, I thought KC and Buffalo were great still/again. (I just expected KC to outscore everyone.......just goes to show having an elite QB is not a guarantee)

Yeah, it goes to tell you that you can be elite on one side of the ball, but if the other side isn't competent (which KC's defense is not), you will struggle.  The reason the Chiefs made 2 Super Bowls in a row was that their defense was competent to more than competent.  It's not this year.  

Zimmer has always done a good job scheming for Rodgers, minus the season opener last year. I would expect that to continue. 

Whether that leads to a Minnesota victory? Who knows. 

But for the Vikings to get a win they will need to play smart, disciplined football, and be aggressive from start to finish. 

The crowd also needs to bring their A game. The crowd could be the difference. Hopefully we don’t see a stadium with ~50% green and gold in the stands like the last time the Packers came to town.