Week 11: Packers (8-2) at VIKINGS (4-5)

swede700

5 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think they get Bakhtiari, Alexander and Zadarius Smith back though.

Even with all 6 out though, Green Bay is still the easy favorites. 

Bak is probably the closest but Alexander & Smith will not be back till at least after the bye week. Rashan Gary is getting an MRI today but it is believed he may be able to play with a brace if no damage is discovered. Jones will be out till after the bye week I assume unless its a really really light sprain. 

• Like 1

I find it interesting how neither fan base really feels that great about this game.... To add on the injury front for GB:

Bak being back at LT could be huge for the OL. The interior OL for the Packers has been average to bad at times this year and moving Jenkins back inside will remove one of those weak links from the lineup. 

Jones not playing is not really that big of a deal as long as Dillon stays healthy. Dillon has been more effective running the football then Jones has been this year and is quietly an extremely good option out of the backfield but he is not the route runner that Jones is. 

Rashan Gary is the biggest question mark. With the injuries to Smith & Alexander Gary has really been the most consistent front 7 player outside of Kenny Clark. With Mercilus also going down the depth is just not good behind Preston Smith. I just don't know how well the secondary (albeit playing extremely well) will hold up if there isn't enough pressure on the front end. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I find it interesting how neither fan base really feels that great about this game.... To add on the injury front for GB:

Bak being back at LT could be huge for the OL. The interior OL for the Packers has been average to bad at times this year and moving Jenkins back inside will remove one of those weak links from the lineup. 

Jones not playing is not really that big of a deal as long as Dillon stays healthy. Dillon has been more effective running the football then Jones has been this year and is quietly an extremely good option out of the backfield but he is not the route runner that Jones is. 

Rashan Gary is the biggest question mark. With the injuries to Smith & Alexander Gary has really been the most consistent front 7 player outside of Kenny Clark. With Mercilus also going down the depth is just not good behind Preston Smith. I just don't know how well the secondary (albeit playing extremely well) will hold up if there isn't enough pressure on the front end. 

Kirk Cousins has consistently made Kevin King look like an elite CB, so you got that going for you.

Just bought tickets for this one. Flying out Friday and officially going to my first Vikings home game (only ever saw them when I lived in FL and they traveled)! Any recommendations on where to go/what to do both on gameday and around the Twin Cities?

Edited by Nozizaki
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

Just bought tickets for this one. Flying out Friday and officially going to my first Vikings home game (only ever saw them when I lived in FL and they traveled)! Any recommendations on where to go/what to do both on gameday and around the Twin Cities?

I'm bad at recommendations for this because I don't get around town enough but friends with season tickets had someone that can't make it so they offered me a ticket and so now I'm going too. Never been to a Packer game before, hope it doesn't suck. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dc_vikingfan said:

Hopefully Zim plays Dantzler over Breeland with Peterson returning.  He's a better player and Breeland gets hurt every game.

I agree. I don’t see the point in letting Breeland play. He’s not a clear upgrade over Dantzler, so you’ve got to go with the younger player. Having Peterson back should help some.

11 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I agree. I don’t see the point in letting Breeland play. He’s not a clear upgrade over Dantzler, so you’ve got to go with the younger player. Having Peterson back should help some.

I've come to the determination that Bashaud Breeland is the modern-day version of Cris Dishman (of course, it could be just because that Dallas play where it bounced off him and went right to Cooper).  

On 11/16/2021 at 8:41 AM, SteelKing728 said:

I think they get Bakhtiari, Alexander and Zadarius Smith back though.

Even with all 6 out though, Green Bay is still the easy favorites. 

I doubt Alexander and Smith are back this week.  LaFleur said Alexander is a few weeks away.  With Mercilus on IR and Gary hurting our pass rush is not going to be as fierce as it has been lately.

• Like 1