Halo TV Show (Paramount+ 2022)

MikeT14

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Im here for it. 

I understand why there are some fans up in arms

Spoiler

given that chief takes off his helmet in episode one

However I could care less. The production was great. The storyline is engaging so far. The CG work is excellent. The fight scenes are exactly what I wouldve wanted from this property. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Im here for it. 

I understand why there are some fans up in arms

Hide contents

given that chief takes off his helmet in episode one

However I could care less. The production was great. The storyline is engaging so far. The CG work is excellent. The fight scenes are exactly what I wouldve wanted from this property. 

When 117 first hits the ground during that fight scene I was returned to my giddy 13 year old self 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

When 117 first hits the ground during that fight scene I was returned to my giddy 13 year old self 

that whole sequence was so damn good. It simultaneously showed why the Covenant is scary AF, how powerful the Spartans are, and how big the divide is between UNSC and the colonies. 

• Like 4

Yeah solid first ep, some of the shot composition in that first sequence had me a little worried. But yeah him landing was great.

But I like the story, as a fan of the games I kinda like them just saying hey this is a different timeline and doing their own thing.  
Happy they didn’t tone down how messed up the UNSC and history of the Spartan program is.

Natascha did great as Halsey, who I always thought was Halo’s best character. Her and Cortana.

• Like 2

Production value was higher than I anticipated. Elites feel bulkier, almost like a blend of Elites from Halo and Krogan from Mass Effect. But love how powerful the Covenant come across, and how the Spartans are the only ones who can stand a chance. I've read some of the books growing up, so I have a vague idea of some potential backstory, but this seems to be a fresh story approach, and frankly, I'll keep watching.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Production value was higher than I anticipated. Elites feel bulkier, almost like a blend of Elites from Halo and Krogan from Mass Effect. But love how powerful the Covenant come across, and how the Spartans are the only ones who can stand a chance. I've read some of the books growing up, so I have a vague idea of some potential backstory, but this seems to be a fresh story approach, and frankly, I'll keep watching.

Yeah I was thinking about how big the Elites felt, then I thought about it we saw them mostly from regular humans (and mostly tiny people’s) pov this episode . In the games I kinda forgot they are like 7ft tall because of Chief being that tall too.

• Like 2