17-18 Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports reports that free agent Yu Darvish is meeting with the Astros on Tuesday in Texas.

Darvish had a lengthy meeting with the Cubs on Monday and tweeted later that night it went well. There is also known to be serious interest from the Twins, and Heyman lists the Mariners and Phillies as speculative suitors in his latest column on the subject. Houston torched Darvish in two World Series games this past October, but that apparently hasn't affected the club's high regard for the 31-year-old right-hander. Heyman says "it's reasonable to think" that Darvish is looking at "the $175 million, seven-year deal for Stephen Strasburg as a possible comp."

12 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports reports that free agent Yu Darvish is meeting with the Astros on Tuesday in Texas.

Darvish had a lengthy meeting with the Cubs on Monday and tweeted later that night it went well. There is also known to be serious interest from the Twins, and Heyman lists the Mariners and Phillies as speculative suitors in his latest column on the subject. Houston torched Darvish in two World Series games this past October, but that apparently hasn't affected the club's high regard for the 31-year-old right-hander. Heyman says "it's reasonable to think" that Darvish is looking at "the $175 million, seven-year deal for Stephen Strasburg as a possible comp."

Please yes. 

1. to rub it in Rangers faces

2.  Keuchel, Yu and Verlander at the top of the rotation?   RIP

48 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

Came here to post this. I'd love it tbh, for the right price (well more like the right years). 

38 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Please yes. 

1. to rub it in Rangers faces

2.  Keuchel, Yu and Verlander at the top of the rotation?   RIP

And Lance if ever manages to stay healthy... man. We'd have a ton of SP depth between those 4 guys and Morton/Peacock/McHugh, even Musgrove and Martes. 

I have started to warm up to the idea of Darvish as Keuchel insurance.  Would trust Strom and the rest of the staff to figure out the mechanical flaw and I think he will age better than Keuchel does.

It's just awesome to see them in the conversation with a mega Altuve extension rapidly approaching.  Crane is opening it up.

7 hours ago, malak1 said:

Darvish to the Cubs possibly? Wanted him 6 years ago. I’m still cool with it, I just hope we don’t break the bank.

It makes tons of sense for Theo and Co. to at least check in on him.  His market hasn't seemed very strong so far, and with the other FA big boys sitting out this year, it could present a perfect storm where Darvish could be brought on with a really good deal.  

On 12/18/2017 at 10:00 PM, Forge said:

I honestly don't understand the love on Hosmer. Is Hosmer a better play than Brandon Belt? I don't think so (though in fairness to Hosmer, he's been better about staying healthy), and it seems like Belts contract is considered an impetus to moving him (he only makes 16/yr for the next 4), but someone is going to give Hosmer a considerable amount more, it feels like. i don't get it. 

Gold gloves though!

Archived