Week 11 GDT - Jacksonville Jaguars vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

I hate this team, I really REALLY do lol. They find pulls to pull you right back in and give you false hope! 

Best performance of the season by far against the Rams. This team still has a lot of holes, especially defensively, but we saw just how much better they are with Jimmie Ward back there. He's really something else in coverage and cannot be replaced by anyone. The Jags offense has not been good and Lawrence has had the usual rookie struggles, but they do have a really good back in Robinson and this run defense is far from good. I expect the Jags to rely heavily on their run game to make life easier on Lawrence. The Rams only ran the ball like 8 or 9 times since they were playing from behind from the 1st quarter on. But when they did run the ball? They had success just like the Cardinals the week prior. Without Kinlaw this run defense just is not good enough period. It is going to be important to force an early turnover to put the Jags in a tough position. If not? This is going to be a long day with the game coming down to the wire.

Offensively, we are going to have to run the ball well again this week. The Jags pass defense as of late has been very stout. It wasn't that way earlier in the season but lately they gave Allen and Wentz fits. I'm guessing they put Griffin on Deebo but we should still have some favorable match ups. This is a game where Aiyuk can have another good game and of course Kittle can do what he does. Jimmy has played well the last three weeks and Shanny may have found something with going primarily shotgun but he's going to have to mix it up a bit going forward. Against teams with bad coverage backers, Shanny's offense with Jimmy works great. But against capable LBs and safeties? It is a different story. 

This team has not put together consecutive good performances all season long. Now they are on a short week having to travel across the country. I think we can guess exactly just how this team will come out on Sunday.....unfortunately. But I think we pull it off in a tight game where we get a late score to create some distance.

SF 27

JAX 17

• Like 1

Short week, traveling cross country. Jags have a defense that has really been coming together, and you know, defensively we aren't exactly stout. Ultimately, I think that their lack of playmakers will be their undoing, but I think that this game is close entering the 4th; we could even be behind. 

Going to say 20-16 49ers. 

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

Short week, traveling cross country. Jags have a defense that has really been coming together, and you know, defensively we aren't exactly stout. Ultimately, I think that their lack of playmakers will be their undoing, but I think that this game is close entering the 4th; we could even be behind. 

Going to say 20-16 49ers. 

A lot of Philly game feel to this one tbh.

I'll take any sort of win here and the fun begins with the three game stretch of MIN/SEA/CIN.

Was just looking at the Jimmy G distribution/passing chart posted in gen, got me thinking.  I am sure you guys know its nothing on the sidelines, most everything in the middle and a couple just outside the hashes.  Could this be a reason why sermon has not seen much time... not to get all conspiracy theory but the speed of our RBs make the linebackers respect the parameter and keep them from clogging the middle as much.  I know that we still run up the middle with both Wilson and Mitchell but they are threats to hit it outside, not sure Sermon would keep the LBers from cheating.

All you on here have stated that Sermon would go better with Lance, and it would be nice to see this offense without the handicap of arm strength.  Not really a GDT discussion topic but I wanted to throw it out there as one of those wild thoughts that go through my head.  

As long as we are efficient and clicking and winning games that is good enough for me.

15 minutes ago, burlow said:

Was just looking at the Jimmy G distribution/passing chart posted in gen, got me thinking.  I am sure you guys know its nothing on the sidelines, most everything in the middle and a couple just outside the hashes.  Could this be a reason why sermon has not seen much time... not to get all conspiracy theory but the speed of our RBs make the linebackers respect the parameter and keep them from clogging the middle as much.  I know that we still run up the middle with both Wilson and Mitchell but they are threats to hit it outside, not sure Sermon would keep the LBers from cheating.

All you on here have stated that Sermon would go better with Lance, and it would be nice to see this offense without the handicap of arm strength.  Not really a GDT discussion topic but I wanted to throw it out there as one of those wild thoughts that go through my head.  

As long as we are efficient and clicking and winning games that is good enough for me.

J continues to think that Sermon will get his run with Lance when he comes because the current offense isn't built for him, which makes sense. He may eventually get a shot, especially if Wilson isn't brought back next year. 

I continue to think that Sermon is a very "meh" running back and just got beat out by Mitchell (though in a perfect world they are actually complimentary pieces and not competing for the same role) and couldn't take the inside job from Wilson

1 minute ago, Forge said:

J continues to think that Sermon will get his run with Lance when he comes because the current offense isn't built for him, which makes sense. He may eventually get a shot, especially if Wilson isn't brought back next year. 

I continue to think that Sermon is a very "meh" running back and just got beat out by Mitchell and couldn't take the inside job from Wilson. 

Yea, J thinks that Sermon will go good with Lance in the zone read I believe.  I was kinda wondering if his presence with Jimmy G  would make the defense play in a manner that would match up more to the defenses advantage on top  of not being a good fit for ours (with current personal).

I was a fan of his and thought highly of Sermon pre draft.  Now Mitchell, I am glad we have him... might try to buy him a beer in the offseason, I know a few Erath boys and I live about 15 miles from there and 3 miles from UL.  Let Mitchell run I say.

1 hour ago, burlow said:

Yea, J thinks that Sermon will go good with Lance in the zone read I believe.  I was kinda wondering if his presence with Jimmy G  would make the defense play in a manner that would match up more to the defenses advantage on top  of not being a good fit for ours (with current personal).

I was a fan of his and thought highly of Sermon pre draft.  Now Mitchell, I am glad we have him... might try to buy him a beer in the offseason, I know a few Erath boys and I live about 15 miles from there and 3 miles from UL.  Let Mitchell run I say.

Mitchell has been pretty banged up already in his short career, which is concerning. I hope he stays healthy and continues to produce obviously, but I can’t, for the life of me, make sense of Hasty getting opportunities over Sermon. I can see Wilson as he’s fairly versatile and runs hard, but Hasty? I just don’t get it.