Week 11 GDT - Jacksonville Jaguars vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's just how the game goes, unfortunately. Greenlaw can still get some snaps but yeah, Azeez is playing some good ball minus that whiff against the Cardinals. 

We should shop him around next off season (Greenlaw). May get an NFL type trade. Greenlaw for Dantzler or Igbinoghene or something. 

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

We should shop him around next off season (Greenlaw). May get an NFL type trade. Greenlaw for Dantzler or Igbinoghene or something. 

I’m about this. Azeez is a RFA if I’m not mistaken and we could bring him back at a reasonable price. These are the kind of plays we need to eventually start making. We’re not going to be able to sign everyone to extensions and we’ve got Bosa and Deebo coming up. A part of me wonders if we’ll even be able to get both of those guys back with the way Deebo has b en playing.

Just now, GW21 said:

I’m about this. Azeez is a RFA if I’m not mistaken and we could bring him back at a reasonable price. These are the kind of plays we need to eventually start making. We’re not going to be able to sign everyone to extensions and we’ve got Bosa and Deebo coming up. A part of me wonders if we’ll even be able to get both of those guys back with the way Deebo has b en playing.

Just to add one more thing: I like Greenlaw and think he’s a good starter in this league, but he does get knocked up and as we know, a lot of times good players get paid like great players if given the chance to hit the open market. We are supposed to see a big increase in the cap after next season right?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GW21 said:

Just to add one more thing: I like Greenlaw and think he’s a good starter in this league, but he does get knocked up and as we know, a lot of times good players get paid like great players if given the chance to hit the open market. We are supposed to see a big increase in the cap after next season right?

🧐  Perhaps "nicked up" was the phrase we were looking for?!

😁

• Like 2

Definitely wouldn’t mind having Greenlaw long term. Great dude and player, and the leaders are guys you want to hold onto. They do also have slightly different skill sets, but Azeez has  also been really killing it. Makes at least one big play a game. In a game where money needs to be spread out, Greenlaw is the most logical guy to get moved. 

I also just really like how Azeez has worked himself and improved himself to get to this point. Speaks volumes about him. 

These types of coverage numbers don't tell the entire story for safeties, but Ward is one safety that comes up and mans up in the slot on 3rd downs. Very impressive considering he's had over 110 coverage snaps from the slot and has barely allowed any catches. When he was on Kupp, which was roughly 11 snaps, he did not allow a catch to him.

ELITE! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

These types of coverage numbers don't tell the entire story for safeties, but Ward is one safety that comes up and mans up in the slot on 3rd downs. Very impressive considering he's had over 110 coverage snaps from the slot and has barely allowed any catches. When he was on Kupp, which was roughly 11 snaps, he did not allow a catch to him.

ELITE! 

THE ERASER

Shame Tarvarious Moore is out, but at least Tartt is coming back soon because we could do a lot with Ward playing in the slot with two other safeties on the field at the same time. Could even do it in early downs. 

• Like 1