Week 12: Rams @ Packers - GB WINS 36-28, moves to 9-3! HAPPY BYE WEEK!

FAH1223

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

People worry about Crosby, and rightly so.

What about the struggles on 2 point conversions on both sides of the ball. I can't find stats, but it seems like on defense they are giving up 100% and on offense they are converting 0%

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.  Seems like offensively, that's kind of an extension of some of the red-zone problems they've had throughout the season.  

48 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That's a pretty convincing win .. perfect game plan ... Packers blow them out if they are more efficient in the redzone.  Defense had a couple gaffes, but also made some big plays as well.  All told they played very well.  Rodgers was pretty awesome on a bad toe .. he's going to heal up.  Seemed like he and the oline were running out of steam in the 4th quarter, but they did a wonderful job against a tough from four.  Really nice win!

We got behind the chains in the 4th a couple of times and that put a lot of undue pressure on the OL.  Later on Dillon wore them out.

It's hindsight now, I now.  But I thought the decision to go for 2 was unwise.  

The TD made it 36-17.  Even at the time, I thought that failing would allow two 8-point TD's and a FG to tie.  

Seemed to me that I'd like to take the one point PAT, in anticipation that if needed the offense could produce one FG.  19 point lead + PAT + FG => 23 points for Rams to need to catch.  That would require the Rams to score three TD's plus a couple of 2-point conversions.  (A single unsuccessful 2-point conversion and even 3 TD's could get 23 points.). 

My feeling is that when largely in clock-kill offense, that is not conducive to scoring TD's.  But getting far enough to produce a FG is not that hard.  (Even though we missed it.).  Often when an opponent is in catchup mode, they try unsuccessful on-sides kicks, which leaves you not far from FG range.  Or they go for 4th-down conversions, and if you stop one you're often in good field position for FG.  

• Like 2

Super good to have Gary and Jones back.  Savage said he's OK.  We often find out differently tomorrow, but basically was Cobb the only significant injury for the game?  Would be fun to have gone a whole game without any more crushing injuries than that.  

Not going to read 64 pages to see if anyone has mentioned this, but the Packers going 4-0 against the NFC West is very impressive and huge with tie breakers. Would have never thought they could pull that off at the start of the season. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, R T said:

Not going to read 64 pages to see if anyone has mentioned this, but the Packers going 4-0 against the NFC West is very impressive and huge with tie breakers. Would have never thought they could pull that off at the start of the season. 

I give all the credit to the defense. In years past, against good teams or good QB's it was an L48-34. 

While everyone jumped on the blame Rodgers bandwagon, I was steadfast about "fix the defense or nothing else matters" and "if we could hold anyone under 30 we'd have 3 more trophies." This defense has consistently held teams well under 30 and it has even allowed the team to weather the injury storm. Pretty amazing actually. Remains to be seen if they can keep overcoming.

Edited by cannondale

6 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I give all the credit to the defense. In years past, against good teams or good QB's it was an L48-34. 

While everyone jumped on the blame Rodgers bandwagon, I was steadfast about "fix the defense or nothing else matters" and "if we could hold anyone under 30 we'd have 3 more trophies." This defense has consistently held teams well under 30 and it has even allowed the team to weather the injury storm. Pretty amazing actually. Remains to be seen if they can keep overcoming.

I keep thinking about this Defense with Jaire and Z. They will be tough to stop. Sad we won't see them with Mercillus too. Would've been crazy depth for our pass rushers.