Week 12: Rams @ Packers - GB WINS 36-28, moves to 9-3! HAPPY BYE WEEK!

FAH1223

1 hour ago, craig said:

True.  Conversely, the discussion is also different if we don't recover two fumbles deep in their territory for 10 points, and get a pick 6 for 7 more.  They got 3 off turnovers, we got 17, right? 

Not sure it's correct, but I thought I'd heard somebody say we're 0-3 when we don't get an INT, undefeated when we do?  (I do understand that defense can force turnovers, to some degree; and that being ahead can also cause turnovers, since teams playing catchup take more risks.) 

But man, of all of Rodgers' skills, his ability to not turn it over is an important one.  

I definitely agree. I think many are too extreme either way. The Packers had great opportunities in this game due to the two fumbles and that pick 6 that got them those points. The one fumble from the muffed punt happened right after Scott dropped an interception. Had he held on to the interception that muffed punt wouldve never happened thus the Packers wouldnt have gotten 3pts. The other fumble happen bc Whitworth got beat. He rarely gets beat so I give the credit to the defender. Stafford didnt think the pressure was coming and thus he didnt react and the ball got knocked out.

I just thought in general the ball bounced the Packers way all throughout the game. The Rams had chances for fumble recoveries and interceptions but just could get it on the defense. In general though as sloppy as the Rams played losing the turnover battle 3-1, giving up a pick 6 and 17pts off those turnovers the Rams still scored 28pts in Lambeau where the Packers defense only allowed 11ppg all season long to their opponents. I feel like the Rams will meet the Packers again in the playoffs in Lambeau and I come away from this game feeling like I did in 2018 when the Rams played the Saints in New Orleans in the regular season losing 45-35 trailing at one point 35-14. They faced again in New Orleans in the playoffs and that time it was different as the Rams won in OT. Lets not forget too in this game Jefferson nearly had a td from Kupp but one of his feet was out bounds. That wouldve put the Rams up 14-13 and who knows how the game wouldve went from there bc the Rams wouldve been playing with the lead and had momentum. 

Congrats though on the Packers winning. They are definitely in line for the 1 seed and Ill be rooting for yall to get it now that it looks like the Rams will more than likely be the 5th seed unless they catch the Cards and at best they could be the 2nd seed if all break right. 

Edited by stl4life07

35 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I definitely agree. I think many are too extreme either way. The Packers had great opportunities in this game due to the two fumbles and that pick 6 that got them those points. The one fumble from the muffed punt happened right after Scott dropped an interception. Had he held on to the interception that muffed punt wouldve never happened thus the Packers wouldnt have gotten 3pts. The other fumble happen bc Whitworth got beat. He rarely gets beat so I give the credit to the defender. Stafford didnt think the pressure was coming and thus he didnt react and the ball got knocked out.

I just thought in general the ball bounced the Packers way all throughout the game. The Rams had chances for fumble recoveries and interceptions but just could get it on the defense. In general though as sloppy as the Rams played losing the turnover battle 3-1, giving up a pick 6 and 17pts off those turnovers the Rams still scored 28pts in Lambeau where the Packers defense only allowed 11ppg all season long to their opponents. I feel like the Rams will meet the Packers again in the playoffs in Lambeau and I come away from this game feeling like I did in 2018 when the Rams played the Saints in New Orleans in the regular season losing 45-35 trailing at one point 35-14. They faced again in New Orleans in the playoffs and that time it was different as the Rams won in OT. Lets not forget too in this game Jefferson nearly had a td from Kupp but one of his feet was out bounds. That wouldve put the Rams up 14-13 and who knows how the game wouldve went from there bc the Rams wouldve been playing with the lead and had momentum. 

Congrats though on the Packers winning. They are definitely in line for the 1 seed and Ill be rooting for yall to get it now that it looks like the Rams will more than likely be the 5th seed unless they catch the Cards and at best they could be the 2nd seed if all break right. 

Were the Saints missing their starting LT, EDGE, CB1, and CB 2/3 (depending on where you rank King) at the time along with all the other nagging injuries plaguing this team? 

I'm glad you feel confident, but Green Bay in the middle of January vs. a (hopefully) healthier Packers team is a heck of a lot different than what you saw today.

Also, this:

38 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Couple of thoughts in response to your lengthy pondering.  Agree the Packers had a few more bounces go their way this game.  But it wasn’t because of the refs or all out luck - most of the time GB had the right players in the right positions, and they still left some great opportunities on the table.

Speaking of GB players - many of them were second, third and fourth stringers out there making huge plays.  Have you seen the GB injury report?  Yeah - if GB and LA meet again in the playoffs, there’s a very good chance the Packers will have a few more starters for LA to contend with.

I like our chances.

1 hour ago, Striker said:

Were the Saints missing their starting LT, EDGE, CB1, and CB 2/3 (depending on where you rank King) at the time along with all the other nagging injuries plaguing this team? 

I'm glad you feel confident, but Green Bay in the middle of January vs. a (hopefully) healthier Packers team is a heck of a lot different than what you saw today.

Also, this:

I’m also banking on Von and OBJ being comfortable in their roles come playoff time bc right now it’s still them get used to this team only being both second game. Also the Rams third most important player on defense in Joesph-Day will probably be back too in the playoffs and he is definitely missed on the DL. Not to mention young guys like Deayon and Johnson will continue to get better as they play more on defense. So just like the Packers will get healthy and better the Rams will get better just from all that I just mentioned.

Its funny how people always bring up that play in the Saints game but nobody talks about what happened afterwards. Saints still had the lead at home and all they had to do was make a stop and they win. They had the ball first in OT and all they had to do was score a TD and they win. They did neither so as a result people revert back to the only real talking point for the Saints losing. How about all those missed calls on the Rams? They overcame a bad 1st quarter down 0-13 and a ton of missed calls on them. The game in general was poorly ref not just one sided but the Rams overcame it and the Saints didn’t. 

So yeah I’m confident. I don’t want to go back to Green Bay but seeing them put up 28pts with all the sloppy play and missed opportunities to put even more points I’m confident that this team in the playoffs will correct that and it could be a different story even with that baaaad man on the other side. Plus how confident are the Packers in the playoffs? Ever since their Superbowl they haven’t done all that well in the playoffs especially in the NFCCG. I’m just saying. 

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

Couple of thoughts in response to your lengthy pondering.  Agree the Packers had a few more bounces go their way this game.  But it wasn’t because of the refs or all out luck - most of the time GB had the right players in the right positions, and they still left some great opportunities on the table.

Speaking of GB players - many of them were second, third and fourth stringers out there making huge plays.  Have you seen the GB injury report?  Yeah - if GB and LA meet again in the playoffs, there’s a very good chance the Packers will have a few more starters for LA to contend with.

I like our chances.

I honestly think in the playoffs the Packers will be healthy and the Rams will have their guys in Von and OBJ more comfortable in the system playing full time role and using them in more different ways than obviously they are using them now since they don’t have many games under their belt with the team. I don’t think we’ve seen the Packers or Rams play their best game yet this season tbh. But I do think come playoff time we will see both teams playing their best bc both I think overall are really good football teams that are well coached. So definitely you should love the Packers chances although in the playoffs they have to eventually get it done bc back to back NFCCG losses isn’t sitting right and I picked them both times to win. If they suffer another loss especially in the NFCCG then I can’t imagine what Packer nation will do.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I honestly think in the playoffs the Packers will be healthy and the Rams will have their guys in Von and OBJ more comfortable in the system playing full time role and using them in more different ways than obviously they are using them now since they don’t have many games under their belt with the team. I don’t think we’ve seen the Packers or Rams play their best game yet this season tbh. But I do think come playoff time we will see both teams playing their best bc both I think overall are really good football teams that are well coached. So definitely you should love the Packers chances although in the playoffs they have to eventually get it done bc back to back NFCCG losses isn’t sitting right and I picked them both times to win. If they suffer another loss especially in the NFCCG then I can’t imagine what Packer nation will do.

Outside of the lone Rams Super Bowl debacle several years ago, I’m not sure the Rams have faired very good in the playoffs either.  Regardless, if there is a meeting between these two teams again this year, it’ll be back at Lambeau in even colder temps.  Your Cali boys could be in for a rude awakening.

And ya’ll better hope you get back to the Bowl this year, because, well, your drafts look pretty bleak in the foreseeable future.  Good luck.

• Like 1

I have the greatest respect for Stafford - have done for years - but he didn't look 'on-point' yesterday. Maybe he is affected by an injury (or several) of some sort.

As for the Packers - there are some years when they meet a team playing real hardball in the playoffs and it seems to surprise them, so they wilt from the intense physicality.

They don't look that kind of team this year, they are the team that keeps a lead, generally get it done if they don't have one, and they don't flinch from hardball play by the opposition.

They never have been what I would call a 'dirty team' (at least not in my memory from about 1988 onwards, possibly excepting Chuck Cecil in 88-92) but they can show physicality this year when needed. They are tapping into the Wayne Simmons 'mug the opponent' zeitgeist.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 2

It’s 7 AM on the east coast , I’m laying in bed just scrolling through the NFL Gen forum and came across @AlexGreen#20’s Aaron Donald thread about him choking our guy right in front of a ref with no penalty . 

Some guy said something like ‘ A Packer fan complaining about penalties lol ‘ ( I’m not going back to see the exact quote) and a bunch of people liked it .

Did those people forget about the NFCCG or are they just stupid? All game the refs called nothing that benefited Tampa and at the end of the game they call this ticky tack PI for an uncatchable ball that iced the game ?! 

It really started my Monday off on a great note! That and the a** load of snow we got 

4 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

The problem wasn't your receivers. Missing 3 of our 4 best OL, your pass rush was very meh. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It’s 7 AM on the east coast , I’m laying in bed just scrolling through the NFL Gen forum and came across @AlexGreen#20’s Aaron Donald thread about him choking our guy right in front of a ref with no penalty . 

Some guy said something like ‘ A Packer fan complaining about penalties lol ‘ ( I’m not going back to see the exact quote) and a bunch of people liked it .

Did those people forget about the NFCCG or are they just stupid? All game the refs called nothing that benefited Tampa and at the end of the game they call this ticky tack PI for an uncatchable ball that iced the game ?! 

It really started my Monday off on a great note! That and the a** load of snow we got 

They're literally just stupid. Best not to interrupt the circle jerk. 

5 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Outside of the lone Rams Super Bowl debacle several years ago, I’m not sure the Rams have faired very good in the playoffs either.  Regardless, if there is a meeting between these two teams again this year, it’ll be back at Lambeau in even colder temps.  Your Cali boys could be in for a rude awakening.

And ya’ll better hope you get back to the Bowl this year, because, well, your drafts look pretty bleak in the foreseeable future.  Good luck.

Yeah not concerned about the draft bc as I mentioned several times Snead knows what he is doing with the picks. We have 8 draft picks this upcoming draft and I wouldnt be surprised that by the end of the draft process we have more and the Rams know how to find guys in the middle to late rounds. I think the who narrative of not just the Rams must get to the Superbowl this year but the Rams dont have draft picks in a sense that they would get players in the is a narrative thats way overblown.

As for the playoffs we shall see. I think the Rams have the coaching and roster where they can beat anyone anywhere. Now I dont prefer the Rams go to Lambeau in January but if thats the case then we just have to make due. I was honestly shocked the Rams were favs in this game but Im more confident this year than I was year.

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Those people are stupid.

59 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The problem wasn't your receivers. Missing 3 of our 4 best OL, your pass rush was very meh. 

The refs also missed calls too in that game. I was on the phone with my friend and we were discussing the missed calls bc he was saying the refs missed PI calls on the Rams and literally as we were discussing there was a play Adams caught the ball for a first down and right there it was a blatant block in the back the refs missed. It was clear as day. So that was just one of the many calls that the refs missed. And Im not saying that it went just one way bc the Packers I think had 3 penalties and the Rams had 4. Clearly the refs werent throwing flags all day but the OL can easily be helped when they can get away with block in the back and holding calls to negate the pass rush. And even my friend said on one Packers play that it shouldve been a delay of game. I think it was one of the plays the Packers were in the redzone. I wasnt paying attention to the clock but he was so again another missed call.

7 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Yeah not concerned about the draft bc as I mentioned several times Snead knows what he is doing with the picks. We have 8 draft picks this upcoming draft and I wouldnt be surprised that by the end of the draft process we have more and the Rams know how to find guys in the middle to late rounds. I think the who narrative of not just the Rams must get to the Superbowl this year but the Rams dont have draft picks in a sense that they would get players in the is a narrative thats way overblown.

As for the playoffs we shall see. I think the Rams have the coaching and roster where they can beat anyone anywhere. Now I dont prefer the Rams go to Lambeau in January but if thats the case then we just have to make due. I was honestly shocked the Rams were favs in this game but Im more confident this year than I was year.

You better keep your eye on the 49ers........

You're a game up now, they've got the tie break on you and it could be said they've got the easier schedule closing it out:

SF - SEA, CIN, ATL, TEN, HOU, LAR
LAR - JAX, AZ, SEA, MN, BALT, SF

JAX will be a nice (and needed) get well game - but instead of looking up in the division, you'd better keep an eye on who's gaining on you from behind. You're a loss or two from dropping out of the playoffs.