Should the Seahawks clean house?

notthatbluestuff

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Tag him. Try to convince him to stay. If he won't, trade him at that point.

DK's production dipped significantly this season playing with Geno Smith and a hurt Russ. He was a second round pick so he'd be playing on a 1 yr/$500k contract next season with no long term security. If the team is going into full rebuild mode I don't even think he'd report to camp without a new deal that gives him long term financial security. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

DK's production dipped significantly this season playing with Geno Smith and a hurt Russ. He was a second round pick so he'd be playing on a 1 yr/$500k contract next season with no long term security. If the team is going into full rebuild mode I don't even think he'd report to camp without a new deal that gives him long term financial security. 

Give him the deal. At this stage, we know what his floor is.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Trading Lockett would be counterproductive due to the cap consequences, and I'd consider Metcalf a building block. I'd keep both. I'd probably trade Bobby Wagner, though. 

I'd certainly consider dealing Metcalf if the offer was right.  If someone came me a Stefon Diggs package, I'd seriously consider it.  IF they continue the rebuild and send Russell Wilson to the Giants for their pair of FRPs plus more, they'd get a good start on the jumpstart.  Walk away with George Karlaftis, Tyler Linderbaum, and a WR with the other FRP.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'd certainly consider dealing Metcalf if the offer was right.  If someone came me a Stefon Diggs package, I'd seriously consider it.  IF they continue the rebuild and send Russell Wilson to the Giants for their pair of FRPs plus more, they'd get a good start on the jumpstart.  Walk away with George Karlaftis, Tyler Linderbaum, and a WR with the other FRP.

Would the Giants really be willing to part ways with two top 10 picks for Wilson though?

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Would the Giants really be willing to part ways with two top 10 picks for Wilson though?

Giants are a desperate team rn. Jones isn’t the guy, their #2 overall RB has been a disappointment. Fanbase is fed up. Could see them making a desperate move this offseason in order to field a competent team next season.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Nah. D.K. just turned 24 years old. I'm not trading him for that. For me to consider a trade of him, they'd need to blow me out of the water with an offer. Trading a proven 24 year old so I can draft an unproven WR doesn't sound like a worthwhile decision.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

No, but one of those picks + first next year + whatever else it would take is certainly not out of the question. 

If they addressed their offensive line with the other pick and in free agency, they could be pretty good next season.

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Nah. D.K. just turned 24 years old. I'm not trading him for that. For me to consider a trade of him, they'd need to blow me out of the water with an offer. Trading a proven 24 year old so I can draft an unproven WR doesn't sound like a worthwhile decision.

You're almost assuredly going to be talking about a new deal this offseason.  What kind of deal is he going to ask for?  I fully expect him to ask for $18M/year.

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Potentially.  Just depends on how much pressure that Dave Gettelman is feeling this offseason.  The Giants so far have 19 games over four seasons with Gettleman at the helm, and as much as they publicly are talking about how they're still behind Daniel Jones at some point they're going to have to listen.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

No, but one of those picks + first next year + whatever else it would take is certainly not out of the question. 

Largely depends on Gettlemen IMO. If he’s (rightfully) canned with Judge retaining his lame duck status, then there’s no reason to for the new GM to be desperate like that. Eat the down year and use those picks (or trade for future picks). If Gettlemen sticks around? Might just be desperate enough.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Potentially.  Just depends on how much pressure that Dave Gettelman is feeling this offseason.  The Giants so far have 19 games over four seasons with Gettleman at the helm, and as much as they publicly are talking about how they're still behind Daniel Jones at some point they're going to have to listen.

17 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Largely depends on Gettlemen IMO. If he’s (rightfully) canned with Judge retaining his lame duck status, then there’s no reason to for the new GM to be desperate like that. Eat the down year and use those picks (or trade for future picks). If Gettlemen sticks around? Might just be desperate enough.

A few of you aren’t following the Giants news very closely. They have basically guaranteed Gettleman is gone. So stop referencing him like this decision is his. Someone else will be making that call.

And is a new GM going to come in and say I want to bet my job I just got on a 34-year-old declining quarterback? Probably not.