Should the Seahawks clean house?

notthatbluestuff

The Law of Averages has caught up with the Seahawks, who have grossly underperformed on both sides of scrimmage in 2021.  Add a healthy RB1 and fire-breathing IOL to the offense, along with a reliable CB2 and a monster pass rusher to the defense and Seattle will be "good to go".  (This doesn't mean I'm optimistic;  the less said about their cavalier approach to recent drafts, the better.)

21 hours ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

The Law of Averages has caught up with the Seahawks, who have grossly underperformed on both sides of scrimmage in 2021.  Add a healthy RB1 and fire-breathing IOL to the offense, along with a reliable CB2 and a monster pass rusher to the defense and Seattle will be "good to go".  (This doesn't mean I'm optimistic;  the less said about their cavalier approach to recent drafts, the better.)

The Law of Averages caught up with them long ago. I'm not sure how much of an elite franchise they actually were. They had insane draft luck from 2010 to 2012 and built the best team in the NFL but I didn't see anything that could be sustained. After that it's been poor drafting and poor decision making.

• Like 3

You have to clean house.

They just come across as such a tired franchise with an identity crisis now that the defence is awful -- hung over from the last decade. I couldn't believe how we beat them so convincingly in Week 3 when the Vikes were at their worst this season.

If Pete wanted to make his way to Vegas, I'd be cool with it. But I think he probably retires once he and Seattle part ways.

Dude has nothing left to prove. He was insanely successful at USC and won 2 National Championships while coaching in 3 straight, won a Superbowl and coached in back to back Superbowls, kept his team a mainstay in the playoffs for an entire decade. He's definitely up there in terms of being one of the greatest football coaches of all time between college and the NFL. Time to ride off into the sunset, no need to risk tarnishing one heck of a legacy taking on any type of rebuild, be it Seattle, USC or elsewhere. It's a natural end point. 

Let him go, and clean house. 

This was always going to be Wilson's last year in Seattle regardless. You move him and recoup the picks you lost for Adams and start your rebuild. This team has some talent but not enough to compete for a Super Bowl. I wouldn't let Carrol go just yet as he is clearly a good leader and a players coach that will keep the team afloat even in tough times. But does HE want to go through that? I would just let Carrol make that decision and go from there. 

Wagner is aging so not sure what you can get for him but I wouldn't be looking to move DK. If you can get a high pick, then possibly draft a QB and have him grow along with DK. I don't know how many teams will want to trade for Adams and his contract so I think you just keep him. 

They had a fantastic run, made the playoffs almost every single year for last 10 or so years. Now it is time to be the bottom feeder of the NFC West. Sorry, but NOT sorry! 

Hawks 2 biggest issues have been 1.) wasting their draft resources and 2.) bad offensive coordinator. Whether thats on the GM or Carrol (probably both) those are the issues.

1.) They're trading valuable away picks for big contract players (Adams, Graham, Harvin, Duane Brown, Clowney). With the picks that remain, they're only getting one above average starter a class with depth piece being forced into starting roles. Can't expect to spend big money on a select few players and not have deficiencies elsewhere, especially when you can't draft other cheap players due to not enough picks/not hitting on the few you have. 

2.) Darrell Bevell is the last semi-decent one they had, and he's now the offensive coordinator for the terrible Jags. They actually have decent players in place with Metcalf, Lockett, and Everett being an above average receiving corps, but again, salary limitations leaves them with a below average O-line. Overall, they have the pieces to be an above average offense but instead routinely rely on Wilson to make up for a scheme deficit. 

That said, finding a good coach is incredibly hard to find with more bad than good out there. Carrol is a Super Bowl winning coach who has the respect of his players. I would keep him and work on rebuilding the roster. Schneider needs to spread the wealth cap wise and start valuing how many darts he has in the draft. They're able to find diamonds in the rough often enough (especially at corner), but struggle so hard early in the draft for whatever reason. 

Edited by grizmo78
  • Like 1

Patriots ruined them. They should have stripped it down to the studs right then as crazy as it probably seemed at the time (I've said this all along though thankyouverymuch).

Falcons should've done the same thing for the same reasons.

Some losses are just too traumatic to come back from.