Should the Seahawks clean house?

notthatbluestuff

5 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

A few of you aren’t following the Giants news very closely. They have basically guaranteed Gettleman is gone. So stop referencing him like this decision is his. Someone else will be making that call.

24 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

If he’s (rightfully) canned with Judge retaining his lame duck status, then there’s no reason to for the new GM to be desperate like that.

5 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

And is a new GM going to come in and say I want to bet my job I just got on a 34-year-old declining quarterback? Probably not. 

26 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

If he’s (rightfully) canned with Judge retaining his lame duck status, then there’s no reason to for the new GM to be desperate like that.

You just can’t help some people.

9 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

A few of you aren’t following the Giants news very closely. They have basically guaranteed Gettleman is gone. So stop referencing him like this decision is his. Someone else will be making that call.

And is a new GM going to come in and say I want to bet my job I just got on a 34-year-old declining quarterback? Probably not. 

Until they fire him, I'm operating that he'll be back.  I haven't followed the Giants much at all, but I haven't really seen anything substantial that says he's getting his walking papers.

3 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

So you heard? But still say “if”. Okay.

Yeah, I heard the “ifs”, “mays”, “likelys”, and “maybes”. Is there some golden droplet of insider information you have that says Gettlemen is definitely, without a shadow of doubt, going to be let go in 2022? Absent of that, seems “if” is an appropriate word to use.

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

Yeah, I heard the “ifs”, “mays”, “likelys”, and “maybes”. Is there some golden droplet of insider information you have that says Gettlemen is definitely, without a shadow of doubt, going to be let go in 2022? Absent of that, seems “if” is an appropriate word to use.

For me the rumour is enough. At least combined with their W-L record yet again. All the major NY papers are already talking GM search. He’s hired two coaches, equalling nothing gained. He gone!

1 minute ago, RTTRUTH said:

For me the rumour is enough. At least combined with their W-L record yet again. All the major NY papers are already talking GM search. He’s hired two coaches, equalling nothing gained. He gone!

But why would the report have came out of them likely retaining Joe Judge and having Daniel Jones return as QB if they plan on going for a new GM?  A new GM would want to bring in their own HC.

Just now, CWood21 said:

But why would the report have came out of them likely retaining Joe Judge and having Daniel Jones return as QB if they plan on going for a new GM?  A new GM would want to bring in their own HC.

Often, yes. And this part is pure speculation. But maybe ownership likes Daniel Jones or knows enough about Judge’s relationship with the players that he wants to give him another shot under different leadership. It’s unusual, but it has happened before.

Not that it ended well, but didn’t Bill O’Brien survive at least one GM firing in Houston

Just now, RTTRUTH said:

Often, yes. And this part is pure speculation. But maybe ownership likes Daniel Jones or knows enough about Judge’s relationship with the players that he wants to give him another shot under different leadership. It’s unusual, but it has happened before.

Not that it ended well, but didn’t Bill O’Brien survive at least one GM firing in Houston

The problem is that you're handcuffing your GM search if you put a bunch of qualifiers on accepting the job.  If you're a viable GM candidate, would you want to go to a franchise where you're effectively being told what to do?  That's a great way to set yourself up for failure.  And I'm not sure using BoB as your example is a good one.  Guy deserved to get fired a decade sooner.  Just ask @ET80.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

You're almost assuredly going to be talking about a new deal this offseason.  What kind of deal is he going to ask for?  I fully expect him to ask for $18M/year.

If the Seahawks move on from Russ and some of the older guys, they won't be hurting for cap space. I'd pay him. 

Just now, jrry32 said:

If the Seahawks move on from Russ and some of the older guys, they won't be hurting for cap space. I'd pay him. 

It's not necessarily about hurting for cap space.  It's about whether or it's the best use of resources, and if he's worth top WR money.

41 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Two - and he orchestrated both. So, his "survival" was based on him pulling the strings on a very gullable ownership team.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Potentially.  Just depends on how much pressure that Dave Gettelman is feeling this offseason.  The Giants so far have 19 games over four seasons with Gettleman at the helm, and as much as they publicly are talking about how they're still behind Daniel Jones at some point they're going to have to listen.

I just think it's a lot to give up considering the state of their offensive line and the fact that Wilson is 33 going on 34 coming off a down year that he couldn't stay healthy.

7 hours ago, Forge said:

What's the panic? 

Trading Wilson and entering a rebuild is not panicking. 

Entering a rebuild when forced  isn't a panic but gratuitous, counterproductive ditching of talent is. 

It is the difference addition and subtraction, between survival and suicide.

7 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Entering a rebuild when forced  isn't a panic but gratuitous, counterproductive ditching of talent is. 

It is the difference addition and subtraction, between survival and suicide.

Or you take a good long look at where you are at, cash your equity out and try to start the next phase with additional ammunition to get it right. 

Why keep Wilson around and get nothing for him if you're not going to be competitive regardless.  That's not panic, that's self awareness and planning. 

That said, teams are almost never willing to be honest about themselves and admit where they are at, so if they trade him I'm sure it's because Russ did drive it