2022 off season

Pastor Dillon

15 minutes ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

Who's starting opposite Pitre in two safety stuff?

I honestly don’t see Pitre starting immediately. I’d put Murray and Stewart as the starting two, with Terrance Brooks and Jonathan Owens as the next two guys up/competing for snaps.

Pitre will have his own sub packages and will be brought along slowly, sort of like how the rookie class was last season - by week 8 or 9 he might be heavy in the rotation, with week 12 or so as a target for him starting. 

There’s no rush to get any rookie not named Derek Stingley Jr or Kenyon Green on the field (and you can probably make a case that Stingley needs to probably take a slow approach as well). For as great as the draft was - this is still a 4-6 win team, even with every rookie starting (ESPECIALLY with every rookie starting, for that matter). Why rush a guy out on the field? Take time on the practice field and in the film room, make sure they understand the mental aspect of the game before bullets start flying.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LORK88 said:

Best of luck to him. Fun stat someone posted on Reddit: Lonnie Johnson was the lowest graded DB by PFF in both 2019 (225th of 225) and 2021 (227th of 227) with a minimum 20% of snaps. Could be like Swearinger where he just needs a change of scenery. 

Somehow, he wasn’t even the worst bust of this draft; Lonnie should go and buy Kahale Warring a gift basket, Earring’s failures sort of overshadow what Lonnie did…

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

$22-$24 million this year. A ridiculous amount the following year. 

Bradbury, Stingley, Nelson and King would probably be the best CB group since Joseph, Jackson, Bouye and Johnson…

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Didn’t he win a Superb Owl 🦉?

IJS

probably reunites with Perderson in JAx

Idk. Dude would probably pick Houston over Jacksonville just because a starting job is hypothetically possible here late this season and has no shot barring injury in Jacksonville. 

3 hours ago, jch1911 said:

Didn’t he win a Superb Owl 🦉?

IJS

probably reunites with Perderson in JAx

He already did a stint in Jax, lost his starting job due to injury - had to sit and watch Gardner Minshew during that time, I’d wager he doesn’t want to work with the Khan family again.

Sitting behind Davis Mills might be a better opportunity - he’s not guaranteed anything. He’s also a Texas kid, so there’s that too.

15 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

So after this draft, what does your Week 1 secondary look like?

If I had to guess

CB: Derek Stingley/Desmond King

CB: Steven Nelson/Tavierre Thomas

FS: MJ Stewart/Terrence Brooks

SS: Eric Murrey/Jalen Pitre

I expect us to add a CB in training camp or when teams make cuts during the preseason. 

• Like 1