2022 off season

Pastor Dillon

7 hours ago, Blaze said:

https://www.totalprosports.com/2022/04/03/browns-texans-have-reportedly-discussed-another-blockbuster-trade/

Gone take the 2nd from the Browns they should have gotten in the Deshaun trade. 

I read a good point someone that said the Texans can probably get a 3rd round comp pick from losing cooks in free agency. So any team wanting to get him will have to offer that at minimum. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I read a good point someone that said the Texans can probably get a 3rd round comp pick from losing cooks in free agency. So any team wanting to get him will have to offer that at minimum. 

Comp picks are so weird - it’s not just who you lose in FA it’s who you add in FA as well.

Cooks COULD be a 3rd, but with a significant amount of cap space over the next few years, there could be a signing or two that washes that out.

This being said, 3rd is too low for the best skill position player on the team. If a team doesn’t offer a 1st (unlikely) a 2nd (more likely) it’s just best to keep Cooks as the veteran in the locker room. Let him show they young core how to be successful at this level, can’t really put a price tag on that sort of guidance for others…

• Like 2

Interesting read

https://overthecap.com/2022-nfl-offseason-gains-and-losses/

TL;DR

All Eyes on the Draft

Finally we have the Texans, Cardinals Cowboys, and Packers who I would put in this class. Houston has  signed the most players but rank just 24th in contract value added, so it is all minor adds. Their overall value lost is bloated due to Watson, who didn’t play last year, but it is also clear they just signed players to fill out a roster while focusing on the draft to completely rebuild the team....  Other than Houston each of these team’s should have a downgraded outlook.

1 hour ago, LORK88 said:

Packers would make a ton of sense. 

I think he ultimately get's moved. 

Just looking at the cost/benefit analysis. Factoring in him being more of a speed WR and losing a step if he is signed to an extension. 

I'd just rather have a young cost controlled WR 

Edited by lumberjackchris

56 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Don’t know much about him 

Starter for the Eagles past season.  Previously was a start with the Steleers and Chiefs.  It appears he was a solid number 2 CB for the Eagles. 

he was charted for allowing a 108.4 passer rating when targeted per Pro Football Reference. Nelson ranked 41st out of 77 cornerbacks graded by Pro Football Focus (minimum 50% snaps).

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

Starter for the Eagles past season.  Previously was a start with the Steleers and Chiefs.  It appears he was a solid number 2 CB for the Eagles. 

Yowza, a 108.4 QB rating when targeted? That’s rough. 

Probably still better than everyone we have, but that’s a big number.

• Like 1