2022 off season

Pastor Dillon

42 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Good slot WR, but I think he’s coming off of injury, right?

Former 4th round pick, tore his ACL May 2021. Everything I've read on him is he's not the biggest or the fastest, but a crafty slot WR who runs great routes and varies his speed to find ways to get open. I read his draft profile from years ago and he's exactly the high-character, unselfish player Caserio is looking for. It's also another low risk flyer so I can't hate on it. We also need a slot WR badly so it's a high position of need in my opinion. I thought this quote was interesting to read: 

"In this job you deal with some really good guys and some not so good guys. He's one of the best. I think he goes undrafted, but I also think football is going to be a very small part of what he accomplishes in his life." -- AFC team regional scout

• Like 2

On 3/27/2022 at 9:03 AM, Pastor Dillon said:

I’d only do that if we are taking a WR at 13. We would be decimated at WR without cooks   

I think the price for Cooks has got to be a 1st given his age, contract and production. If you look at what other WRs are making, he’s an absolute steal.

Even if the Texans plan on using an early pick on a WR and they are able to get a good return on a deal, I would be have concerns about moving him.

Mills needs help around him and even if you draft a WR early they aren’t gaurenteed to be good. Collins and Jordan showed potential as rookies and hopefully they continue to improve, but if they don’t and you take Cooks away and the rookie WR they draft struggles, they are putting Mills in a bad situation (in addition to potentially not having a good running game again either). 

The Texans have plenty of cap space and early draft picks to make the team good in the next couple of years without moving Cooks. I would rather have them play it safe and keep him for the short term value he provides, not only to Mills, but also as a locker room presence. Worse case in my mind is that Mills is terrible in the first half of the year and you then deal Cooks at the deadline. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Marco79 said:

The Texans have plenty of cap space and early draft picks to make the team good in the next couple of years without moving Cooks. I would rather have them play it safe and keep him for the short term value he provides, not only to Mills, but also as a locker room presence. Worse case in my mind is that Mills is terrible in the first half of the year and you then deal Cooks at the deadline

That part.  A playoff caliber team that suffers an injury or needs someone to put them over the top should come calling.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

I like this signing.  Low risk at a position where it needs help.  Still think we should draft a RB in the mid rounds.

Eh, RBs with a prior achillies injury isn’t my thing - I’ve seen this team bet on so many RBs with prior injuries, it’s getting old constantly putting the ball in the hands of David Johnson or Mark Ingram.

The Texans need a main guy - they need to be one of the first two teams to draft a RB this month.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Eh, RBs with a prior achillies injury isn’t my thing - I’ve seen this team bet on so many RBs with prior injuries, it’s getting old constantly putting the ball in the hands of David Johnson or Mark Ingram.

The Texans need a main guy - they need to be one of the first two teams to draft a RB this month.

Next years draft has some dudes in it at the RB position 

1 hour ago, lumberjackchris said:

I’d take a top 60 pick. 

This will definitely show you where Nicks heads at. 

A) We trade him and we know we’re taking a Wr high in the draft.

B) If he’s not traded then I see an extension in the near future. 

As much as you want to evaluate Mills with as many weapons as possible, if a 2nd is offered for Cooks, you take it. 

• Like 3