2022 off season

Pastor Dillon

Texans signed OL Scott Quessenberry, formerly of the Chargers, to a one-year, $1.187 million deal.

Quessenberry will get $652,500 in guarantees. He started nine games for the 2019 Chargers and didn't knock anybody's socks off, but Quessenberry has a clear path to playing time in Houston against aging incumbent center Justin Britt. The Texans continue to flood the roster with cheap one-year deals. And they now have two Quessenberry brothers, so we guess they've got that going for them.

I would love to get David Quessenberry back in TX.  He helped carve the way for TN's run game.

The Tunsil restructure means he’s our starting LT next year. Howard I guess has the RT spot manned up. Britt is our starting center and we’ve got several options at the guard spots. I’d say we don’t even think about going o-line at pick 3. If we end up with the saints pick, we could take an interior lineman at that spot. 

so it means that we are going Hamilton or a DE at number 3 or the better option, we trade down for more picks. 

Edited by Pastor Dillon

According to Spotrac, which is usually pretty good but not always, the Tunsil deal was a great move. His cap hit next year is 35 million, but his dead number is just 8.3. We cleared up space for this season and next year we can either cut him and save 27 million or just pay him that cap number because we have 60 million in space. We basically gave watsons cap hit to Tunsil for next year with a good out. I like it. 

Still hope we sign a few more FA's (or the dang DW4 trade happens soon with incoming players + picks)

FB Khari Blasingame (TN) 

S Dane Cruikshank (TN) probably have too many safeties not named Kyle Hamilton already

LB Kamu Grugier-Hill  or Leighton Vander Esch

IDL Vernon Butler  (BUF) probably not, but the talent was there when he was younger

I already mentioned David Quessenberry (so we can have all the brothers), but probably not in the cards

3 hours ago, jch1911 said:

But Why GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I don’t mind it - he was a late season add, was learning the playbook on the fly, but looked solid in his snaps. He played ST willingly, not a bad trait to have overall.

He’s definitely not the main guy, but is a change of pace and somebody who can help teach a rookie the basics of pass pro and such.

3 hours ago, jch1911 said:

Also if I am reading our current contracts correctly... Ka'imi & Eric Murray are 2 of our top 5 highest cap numbers for this season RN 

That being said, I think Ka'imi is getting traded on draft night (or before)

Who trades for a K though?