2022 off season

Pastor Dillon

It would be a player for player swap... I am hoping we get TE Brock Wright from DET

Ka'imi would be good kicking in a dome in DET

I think Vikes or Panthers traded for a kicker in season not too long ago.   I am too lazy to Google it tho.

Texans re-signed LB Kamu Grugier-Hill to a one-year, $4 million contract.

Grugier-Hill will make only $750K more than last season coming off a year where he had 13 tackles for loss and was generally the best Texans off-ball linebacker. Grugier-Hill, Christian Kirksey, and Jalen Reeves-Maybin for two spots will be an interesting camp battle for IDP purposes. 

• Like 2

I don't see Caserio making a splash free agent signing, but I think Lorenzo Carter is young enough and talented enough to warrant a 2 year deal (2 years. $10M).  He could help the defense and can play LB or give some snaps at edge.

In the draft, I would love:

1-3 SAF Kyle Hamilton

1-13 to NEP (or DAL or GB or AZ) for 1st & 2nd

1-21 IOL Zion Johnson

2-37 RB Breece Hall

2-54 CB Tariq Woolen

3-68 TE Jalen Wydermyer

3-80 LB Brandon Smith

4-108 Edge Josh Paschal

6-183 DB Tycen Anderson

6-205 WR Isaiah Weston

6-207 K Cameron Dicker

5 hours ago, jch1911 said:

Texans re-signed LB Kamu Grugier-Hill to a one-year, $4 million contract.

Grugier-Hill will make only $750K more than last season coming off a year where he had 13 tackles for loss and was generally the best Texans off-ball linebacker. Grugier-Hill, Christian Kirksey, and Jalen Reeves-Maybin for two spots will be an interesting camp battle for IDP purposes. 

Huge fan of this signing. He had a breakout year and he gets only $750k more. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LORK88 said:

Huge fan of this signing. He had a breakout year and he gets only $750k more. 

Absolutely agree. I thought he would be a big priority to bring back after last season. He's solid and good price gets him back. With Grugier Hill, Kirksey, Reeves-Maybin, Wallow, I think we have the makings of a solid LB core. I don't think taking a LB is out of the question in this draft if a guy presents good value. I'd love to add one of the Georgia LB's Tindall or Dean in Rd 2 but LB isn't as big of a need as other positions.

I heard something Rapoport say that I thought was interesting, which I agree with. Houston has basically filled out the middle and back end of the roster and now really needs to add the blue-chip players to get our overall roster in a competitive place. Obviously with our 6 first round picks over the next few years we are in a good spot. 

• Like 4

I am also offering one of those 6th rounders to the Giants for CB James Bradberry.

We have the cap room.

We see what he plays like in our defense for this year.

If he plays well, you can offer him to a CB needy team at the deadline (for a 5th or future 6th) or offer him a pay upgrade next season when the Texans have a ton of capital.

My understanding is the Giants were just looking to move him to free up cap space - which we now have.

Edited by jch1911

On 3/20/2022 at 10:12 PM, OzzyTexan said:

I heard something Rapoport say that I thought was interesting, which I agree with. Houston has basically filled out the middle and back end of the roster and now really needs to add the blue-chip players to get our overall roster in a competitive place. Obviously with our 6 first round picks over the next few years we are in a good spot. 

I think it happens this year. I think we're gonna win the ******* division this ******* year.

On TWO CONDITIONS.

1. We figure out how to run the football- In my opinion, this is our only true NEED this offseason. We can't develop a young QB out of 2nd & 12 consistently. We can't keep the defense fresh that way. Literally everything depends on our ability to run the ball effectively. 

2. Davis Mills has to play like a franchise QB- My expectations for Mills (assuming the ground game is functional) are very high. Honestly, I expect him to emerge as one of the best young QBs in football. last year we learned that Mills CAN improve. He can. I saw him do it, despite being hamstrung by stubborn playcalling and the lack of running game. He's got all the tools. He's got the arm. He can move around pretty good out there, he's got an awesome feel for manuevering around in the pocket. He's smart. I just think Pep is gonna put him in the best positions and  I expect him to execute when the plays are there. 

Even if our defense is the same quality defense from the last part of last season, and it doesn't improve any, I still think Mills makes us competitive in every game (again.. assuming we have some semblance of a rushing attack). 

I saw we hosted Marlon Mack today.. I think that'd be a really nice start to building a functional backfield. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

I think it happens this year. I think we're gonna win the ******* division this ******* year.

On TWO CONDITIONS.

1. We figure out how to run the football- In my opinion, this is our only true NEED this offseason. We can't develop a young QB out of 2nd & 12 consistently. We can't keep the defense fresh that way. Literally everything depends on our ability to run the ball effectively. 

2. Davis Mills has to play like a franchise QB- My expectations for Mills (assuming the ground game is functional) are very high. Honestly, I expect him to emerge as one of the best young QBs in football. last year we learned that Mills CAN improve. He can. I saw him do it, despite being hamstrung by stubborn playcalling and the lack of running game. He's got all the tools. He's got the arm. He can move around pretty good out there, he's got an awesome feel for manuevering around in the pocket. He's smart. I just think Pep is gonna put him in the best positions and  I expect him to execute when the plays are there. 

Even if our defense is the same quality defense from the last part of last season, and it doesn't improve any, I still think Mills makes us competitive in every game (again.. assuming we have some semblance of a rushing attack). 

I saw we hosted Marlon Mack today.. I think that'd be a really nice start to building a functional backfield. 

I love your optimism!  I agree about play-calling and run-game; I think that's why TK had to go.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I’m trying to be optimistic about Mills but I’m not sure he’s gonna be the long term answer at QB. I see a Kirk cousins type player as his ceiling.  I see Kyle Allen starting by the end of the season as his floor. He’s such an u known. 

See, we can agree on stuff…

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I’m trying to be optimistic about Mills but I’m not sure he’s gonna be the long term answer at QB. I see a Kirk cousins type player as his ceiling.  I see Kyle Allen starting by the end of the season as his floor. He’s such an u known. 

I'll admit that there's a legitimate possibility Mills has already topped out, I just don't think so. The Mills we saw at the end of the year passed my eyeball test with flying colors, and watching him improve to that point was also very reassuring. 

Yes, Mills may have already peaked. I'll acknowledge that as a legitimate possibility. But it is also possible that Mills becomes the best QB in the league. I don't understand why people consider his ceiling to be so low. I think the sky's the limit. What can't he do? 

Like, for instance. Imagine if he was starting for the 49ers. Imagine the damage he might do in that offense, surrounded by those players and coaches. He could win a Superbowl with the 9ers, maybe even multiple Superbowls, right? Even on a team less put together than SF, I think Mills could really do some serious damage in this league. 

Time will tell. I'm not sure what he is yet, nobody is, but I'm betting it's better than people are expecting it to be. He's not just a game manager! He can create plays on his own, and he's so accurate! And the footwork is looking toight.. I just think the more football that kid gets to play, and the more defenses he gets to play against, the better he's gonna get. 

Edited by PAtexansFAN_99