2022 off season

Pastor Dillon

Texans re-signed TE Pharaoh Brown to a one-year, $4 million contract.

Aaron Wilson notes that $3 million of it is fully guaranteed. Brown had a great 2020 for the Texans, but regressed heavily in 2021 in a larger snap sample. His PFF pass block grade fell from 78.2 in 2020 to 44.4 in 2021, and he barely out-gained his 2020 season, 171 receiving yards to 163, despite almost doubling his targets from 34 to 16. He also led the Texans with 10 penalties. He will likely mix in with Antony Auclair as the Texans' No. 2 tight end behind Brevin Jordan. 

I really like that we brought back Maliek Collins. He's fits what houston wants to do and was solid last season. Decent deal for both sides. 

Getting Ogbo is decent. He probably offers more special teams value then Jacob Martin and I think those two are similar type players. Situational rushers. I still hope they can bring Martin back, but he shouldn't play as much as he had to last season. Ogbo is good insurance with some upside to this signing too. 

MJ Stewart is solid signing also. He also has upside and little risk to this signing. He at least offers some depth and potential to break out. Much cheaper than Reid. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

4 mil/yr is fine for a top tier backup 

They redid the numbers (or showed the details rather) after my post.

Also, in what world is Tyrod Taylor now a top tier backup??

Giants signed Tyrod Taylor, formerly of the Texans, to a two-year, $11 million contract.

The deal includes $8.5 million in guarantees and can increase to $17 million in total compensation if Taylor achieves certain incentives. Taylor has become the epitome of a journeyman quarterback, finding a new home in four of the past five seasons. He began the 2020 season as the Texans' starter but injuries and middling play ultimately led to the team keeping rookie Davis Mills under center to close out the year. Though Taylor will open the year behind Daniel Jones, two years and $17 million points to the Giants having little faith in Jones sticking around for long. New York was also embarrassed by bad quarterback play after Jones went down last year, so the Taylor deal ensures that another Mike Glennon and Jake Fromm situation doesn't happen. Taylor's mobility, though far from what it used to be, makes him a good stylist fit to be Jones's backup. 

My hope is still we sign some free agents like

QB Andy Dalton (CHI) Millsinsurance

Re-sign Grugier-Hill or get Van Der Esch (DAL) on a team friendly deal

Also CB Reggie Robinson was a sneaky good pickup off the waiver wire.  IIRC we have his rights for two years.

As of right now in the draft, I would target

RB (Breece Hall - 2nd)

WR (Isaiah Weston - 6th / 7th)

TE (Wydermyer 3rd) or (Jelani Woods - 5th)

IOL (Cole Strange - 3rd / 4th)

Edge (Joshua Paschal - 4th) 

LB (Brandon Smith - 2nd)

CB (Tyriq Woolen - 2nd) or (Zyon McCollum - 4th)

S (Hamilton - 1st)

K (Dicker I hardly know her - 6th / 7th)

GM Caesar salad can go nutz with the other high 1st

Trade these guys for 2023 picks or to move up in draft

CB/S Lonnie Johnson

K Fairbairn

Edge Jordan Jenkins

Solid foundation moving forward IMHO