2022 off season

Pastor Dillon

17 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Looks like Stingley is the betting favorite to be the 3rd pick.

I'd slightly prefer Sauce over Stingley, but wouldn't balk at the pick at all. At his peak, Stingley has top 3-5 CB potential. He drew comparisons to Jalen Ramsey as a rookie, he’s got that sort of talent.

Sauce may have better film, but Stingley has really good film as well - and has greater upside, IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lumberjackchris said:

There’s the edge help. Also like I’ve said in other threads, I would 100% bet we’re taking an edge in the 1st round next year 

Plus IIRC signing vets after the draft / May 1 does not impact the supplemental pick computations... although I am not sure we would even be getting one unless Reid blows up in KC

2 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

There’s the edge help. Also like I’ve said in other threads, I would 100% bet we’re taking an edge in the 1st round next year 

I was looking at the remaining pass rushers on the free agent market.  He was one of them I hope we signed. 

28 minutes ago, Blaze said:

Would have been egregious not to exercise it, especially when he is a very good tackle. 

Great decision - and greater still to wait until after the draft to not telegraph that CB was the pick at 3. Had Howard been re-upped before the draft, it’s possible somebody who wanted Stingley would have vaulted up to 1.2 to grab him, given how the Texans were no longer going Ikem or Neal.

Keeping the idea of going OT would keep our guy sitting there for the Texans. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

I assumed he'd be starting opposite Pitre in 2 safety stuff

I want MJ Stewart to be the starter. Browns fans swear by him the second half of last season once they moved him from CB back to S. While I like social media generally and the access it gives us to players, I'm over it with Lonnie. If he wants out, best of luck to him. 

• Like 2