Aaron Donald Needs a Suspension

AlexGreen#20

Aaron Donald got manhandled again - and he couldn't take it. After the Packers OL beat him in the 2020 playoffs, he leaned on his injury and said he wasn't fully healthy
( and he clearly wasn't) The Packers OL manhandled him and the 2020 Rams DL so bad that Brandon Staley said that was the main reason they made Corey Linsley the highest paid Center for his new team-  the Chargers- because the Packers OL was the only team that blocked them up in 2020. That's coming from a coach

So now Donald comes back to Lambeau fully healthy and says he's going to make up for it - and show everybody who he really is. But he didn't do jack diddly squat.
And instead of being stoned by Pro Bowl LG Elgton Jenkins and Pro Bowl C Corey Linsley- this time he was going against the back-ups.
2nd string LG John Runyan Jr and UDFA 2nd string Center Lucas Patrick - who is only starting because Bakhtiari, Jenkins and Meyers are out. Donald was embarrassed by 2nd stringers and he just couldn't handle it. So he lashed out...that's pretty weak. He forgot the first rule of trench combat:  " never let em see you sweat"

Great player, nobody will argue otherwise.

But apparently he's mentally weak and that flaw has showed up on several occasions under the intense duress of an NFL game.
The gutless NFL won't do anything, which means that choking and trachea grabbing are now OK -  so long as you're a popular player doing it to a scrub who kicked your $100M *** all afternoon.

• Like 9

41 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Aaron Donald got manhandled again - and he couldn't take it. After the Packers OL beat him in the 2020 playoffs, he leaned on his injury and said he wasn't fully healthy
( and he clearly wasn't) The Packers OL manhandled him and the 2020 Rams DL so bad that Brandon Staley said that was the main reason they made Corey Linsley the highest paid Center for his new team-  the Chargers- because the Packers OL was the only team that blocked them up in 2020. That's coming from a coach

So now Donald comes back to Lambeau fully healthy and says he's going to make up for it - and show everybody who he really is. But he didn't do jack diddly squat.
And instead of being stoned by Pro Bowl LG Elgton Jenkins and Pro Bowl C Corey Linsley- this time he was going against the back-ups.
2nd string LG John Runyan Jr and UDFA 2nd string Center Lucas Patrick - who is only starting because Bakhtiari, Jenkins and Meyers are out. Donald was embarrassed by 2nd stringers and he just couldn't handle it. So he lashed out...that's pretty weak. He forgot the first rule of trench combat:  " never let em see you sweat"

But apparently he's mentally weak and that flaw has showed up on several occasions under the intense duress of an NFL game.
The gutless NFL won't do anything, which means that choking and trachea grabbing are now OK -  so long as you're a popular player doing it to a scrub who kicked your $100M *** all afternoon.

Only Aaron Donald could be accused of doing jack diddly squat in a game where he had 6 tackles, at least 1 QB hit, and multiple pressures as a DT (despite facing a lot of double teams).

42 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Not sure why you feel the need to trash the guy after your team won. You weren't in the trenches yesterday and have nothing to offer as to what led up to that, so acting like you have any knowledge as to "who he really is" is comical. 

Stop being dramatic and enjoy your win. 

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

People also don't see what happens in the trenches on a play to play basis. There are a lot of dirty OLs in this league. Thought we were lucky he didn't get flagged, but a suspension is nuts. And one has to wonder why the ref didn't flag us. Might mean he had seen other things and was inclined to let it go for that reason.

nobody has to wonder why the refs didn't flag him - it's because GB gets all the call...

wait no, that's backwards from what the narrative is.

Now I'm confused

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Not sure why you feel the need to trash the guy after your team won. You weren't in the trenches yesterday and have nothing to offer as to what led up to that, so acting like you have any knowledge as to "who he really is" is comical. 

Stop being dramatic and enjoy your win. 

Not sure why you need the feel to trash this poster after our team won. You weren't in his living room yesterday and have nothing to offer as to what led up to that post, so acting like you have any knowledge as to "what kind of poster he is" is comical.

Stop being dramatic and enjoy the forum.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

Not sure why you feel the need to trash the guy after your team won. You weren't in the trenches yesterday

There have been several Rams fans who took this tack - that whatever happened in the trenches justifies the egregious behavior. I disagree and so would you if an opponent choked and grabbed your players' trachea. its not justifiable under any circumstances and I'm not sure why you'd stand behind that ****ty behavior.

I got nothing against Rams or Rams fans- and I've always enjoyed your work here.
But Donald went over the line and is dangerously close to becoming Suh 2.0 - and I'll call that crapola out every time it happens. It has no place in the game.
If the Rams can produce some trench-warfare film that shows a Packer player behaving badly, I'll call that out too.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

There have been several Rams fans who took this tack - that whatever happened in the trenches justifies the egregious behavior. I disagree and so would you if an opponent choked and grabbed your players' trachea. its not justifiable under any circumstances and I'm not sure why you'd stand behind that ****ty behavior.

I got nothing against Rams or Rams fans- and I've always enjoyed your work here.
But Donald went over the line and is dangerously close to becoming Suh 2.0 - and I'll call that crapola out every time it happens. It has no place in the game.
If the Rams can produce some trench-warfare film that shows a Packer player behaving badly, I'll call that out too.

I'm not gonna defend that clip but we don't know what led up to it. You can't just ignore that. I got penalized for shoving a guy who shouldered me after the play and said something that was way beyond uncalled for. The ref only saw my retaliation (which is all we are seeing in that clip) and the guy's flop, but that doesn't mean the guy didn't have it coming. It's impossible to say that he "showed who he really is" without knowing the full story.

That being said, I can promise you that Rams fans want Donald to keep those type of outbursts in check. He's the last one we need missing any time because of a suspension. He's actually been better as of the past few years at coming other guys down, so I feel like there was some bad blood between both parties on this one. 

Sorry I'm still laughing at Packers fans crying somebody didn't get a penalty.

Is that clip ok? No it isn't. But the irony of Packer fans continual use of the words handled and manhandled are just too rich to not laugh at. Having watched clips of AD assaulted by OL week after week year after year I get it. Don't condone it but I get it. I'm not sure I could handle peoples arms around my head and throat all day and being held and abused as much as he gets it. We've seen a short clip here of him acting like a punk. I wonder how long the clip would be of the opposite happening. OL who should be called for holding but don't like GB continually gets away with.

Congrats on your win yesterday though.

5 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Heehaw PFF gave him a 90.8 defensive grade, highest amongst the Rams starters. 

I don't know GIFs | Reaction GIFs

• Like 1