Aaron Donald Needs a Suspension

AlexGreen#20

He is salt bae when he can’t get what he wants. Jenkins, Williams, freeman, britt, Sewell etc…lots of examples of him putting his hands through a face mask, or just grappling players when he can’t beat them.

then you get told that ‘he must have injured your QB if you don’t like him’ lol

but this one isn’t worthy of bringing it up, I’d say. He’s done a lot more than this before.

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Idk if anybody has noticed but Donald is extremely prone to temper tantrums. He does this like 5+ times a year and just nobody says anything 

The human condition. People that entertain use are placed on a pedestal, and essentially have a longer leash when committing irrational behavior. It's beneficial to "us" to have these sources of entertainment seen in a positive light, so we can continue to indulge ourselves in the fantasy of idolization. Aaron Donald is a good player, so it's possible some people simply look the other way sometimes with his antics. Because isn't it much cooler to focus on how he dominates the opposition? 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Idk if anybody has noticed but Donald is extremely prone to temper tantrums. He does this like 5+ times a year and just nobody says anything 

He does lose his cool sometimes, but anyone who thinks this is worthy of a suspension is out of their mind. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

The human condition. People that entertain use are placed on a pedestal, and essentially have a longer leash when committing irrational behavior. It's beneficial to "us" to have these sources of entertainment seen in a positive light, so we can continue to indulge ourselves in the fantasy of idolization. Aaron Donald is a good player, so it's possible some people simply look the other way sometimes with his antics. Because isn't it much cooler to focus on how he dominates the opposition? 

Steve Smith had something like this almost every game in some of his more fiery years, certainly once ever handful of games like others were describing. That's just what he did. I don't remember anyone asking for Smith to be suspended.

I personally think it makes the game more entertaining. The choke was a lot, yes. But there is no precedent on suspending him for that when other hits that earned a suspension were much worse. Maybe NFL should get a penalty system like hockey, but that just gives refs more control over the game, so nah.

I really don't like the Rams. I don't like Aaron Donald, though I have no reason to despise him either (when he injured Brees I was already on the "brees is washed we need someone younger for the extra juice" bandwagon). I personally am not giving him a longer leash because I have Donald on a pedestal, that's for certain.

I'm giving him a longer leash because he's competing in a violent sport where the other team is trying impose their will on you physically at best and at worst they are trying to cause you pain or even injury. Tempers flare, for some people they flare regularly. 

Edited by Dome

7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah, I remember there was an ‘incident’ last year where he did something bush league after a play (think it may have been another choke-type thing tbh or egregiously late hit or something). I brought it up then, in that thread, that he has pretty well shown - to this point - that that’s kind of his bag and got a lot of guff for it lol.

Doubt he ever gets suspended, and he’s an awesome player, but the guy is what he is at this point. Seems to toe the dirty line quite a bit and his tantrums are kinda off putting 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2