Aaron Donald Needs a Suspension

AlexGreen#20

13 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah, I remember there was an ‘incident’ last year where he did something bush league after a play (think it may have been another choke-type thing tbh or egregiously late hit or something). I brought it up then, in that thread, that he has pretty well shown - to this point - that that’s kind of his bag and got a lot of guff for it lol.

Doubt he ever gets suspended, and he’s an awesome player, but the guy is what he is at this point. Seems to toe the dirty line quite a bit and his tantrums are kinda off putting 🤷🏻‍♂️

So as somebody who really hasn't observed Donald behaving like this - is it worse than back when Ndaumakong Suh was stomping on guys? Is he better than Suh, worse than Suh?

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So as somebody who really hasn't observed Donald behaving like this - is it worse than back when Ndaumakong Suh was stomping on guys? Is he better than Suh, worse than Suh?

I would say the apex of Suh’s acts and the resulting coverage it got were definitely to a higher degree than Donald (so far) because it feels like Donald hasn’t had that one defining “meltdown” moment, but he’s come close, and definitely done things these past few years that if Suh did during his notoriety would have gained a lot more scrutiny IMO

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 1

Aaron Donald has a temper tantrum any time he's getting his *** kicked. This time it was against Lucas Patrick, Royce Newman and Jon Runyan. He's a Warren Sapp/Suh type player that the league avoids punishment to keep him out of the bad apple narrative. He won't get a suspension, but the guy is literally squeezing his hand on a players windpipe, this isn't just grabbing a guy by the neck. Just plain bush league. If we get them in the playoffs, I hope we take a few knee shots.

• Like 3

Sounds like this is the first ‘dirty’ kind of thing from him. Usually it’s just grappling and grabbing a face mask in a pushing contest after the whistle. There’s 6 examples I can think of. I wouldn’t say that was dirty at all. It is a bit of a tantrum though

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

He does lose his cool sometimes, but anyone who thinks this is worthy of a suspension is out of their mind. 

People also don't see what happens in the trenches on a play to play basis. There are a lot of dirty OLs in this league. Thought we were lucky he didn't get flagged, but a suspension is nuts. And one has to wonder why the ref didn't flag us. Might mean he had seen other things and was inclined to let it go for that reason.