The Championship Week Thread! (Because I forgot, and the Coaching Carousel consumed me)

MikeT14

I think in this instance is actually going to make sense for Alabama to play Cincinnati in the first round. Not just for avoiding Georgia/Alabama rematch right away. Now, no matter what, they would have made that happen to avoid the rematch, but I don’t think it’s going to be a conflict this time. 

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Aside from the fact that Cincinnati is currently undefeated, give me a SINGLE reason why Cincinnati should be ranked higher then 4.

Why should Georgia be in the playoffs? They couldn't even win their conference when Baylor has a better resume AND won their conference

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Aside from the fact that Cincinnati is currently undefeated, give me a SINGLE reason why Cincinnati should be ranked higher then 4.

I was responding based on the first part of the post you replied to. If you weren't agreeing to that then I misunderstood your post

24 minutes ago, Towerbridge said:

Baylor beat 4 ranked teams and won their conference.

Georgia?

I agree and I am a Georgia fan, but if you go by ranked teams, UGA also has beaten the same number of ranked teams including the #3, #8 and #11…….of course, that was the ranking when they beat them.  

With us not getting this game close, we shouldn’t be in the playoffs.  I could see an argument if we took the game to the wire or overtime and lost.  But we know part of the equation, even if they don’t come out and say it, will be considering ratings and money.  

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Don't forget the most important part of the argument.

But that doesn't change the people, myself included, didn't think they looked good. I'm simply replying to the assertion that giving them Bama would be because they don't want Cincy in the final makes no sense given what we've been saying. Did Bama magically become so much better than UM? Or better at all?

There is a clear incongruity in saying this team looks awful one week and then the next saying the committee will match them with Cincy to do everything they can to keep Cincy out of the final

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

But that doesn't change the people, myself included, didn't think they looked good. I'm simply replying to the assertion that giving them Bama would be because they don't want Cincy in the final makes no sense given what we've been saying. Did Bama magically become so much better than UM? Or better at all?

There is a clear incongruity in saying this team looks awful one week and then the next saying the committee will match them with Cincy to do everything they can to keep Cincy out of the final

I didn't say it. All I said was they'd slant the matchups in order to potentially get 2 SEC teams in the Final. You're bringing two different sets of opinions and mashing them together tbqh.