Week 13 : Eagles - Jets Round Two in the Meadowlands, just different colored uniforms

Nabbs4u

2 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

didn't get to watch the game. any synopsis? How did the offense look with a qb that can throw, how did it looks with a qb that can't run?

Like an NFL offense. That said I didn't see the 2nd half, had things I had to attend to.

2 hours ago, Daimonas said:

didn't get to watch the game. any synopsis? How did the offense look with a qb that can throw, how did it looks with a qb that can't run?

Offense looked adequate, given it was the Jets. We settled for 4 FGs which says a lot. Plenty of plays Minshew had time but couldn’t find anyone. Either WRs don’t get open, route concepts suck, or Hurts and Minshew both are mediocre field readers. Same old story.

Minshew can hit routine throws (I’m taking throwing to the flat, hitches, screen) in his sleep, as an NFL QB should. Just having that was a noticeable difference.

Didn’t have any great throws besides 1st TD to Goedert, but he never put the ball in harm’s way. Also he had 0 problem stepping up in the pocket which is great to see. Run game was getting shut out early but 2nd half we started imposing our will. Jets front is not bad so I think we can definitely say our run game is not a product of Hurts and the problems he gives DCs.

Defense started out horrendously, 3 TDs in a row. Disgusting. They were “great” after that but it felt more like Jets just turning back into the Jets.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss

Well this was a fun game to be at because it felt like there were more eagles than jets fans. We were 20 yard line visitor’s side 22 rows up. Gainwell’s touchdown was a thing of a beauty to see in person. 

They gave Minshew easy plays to execute. Easy dink and dunk passes for most of the game with a few deeper middle passes. He came in and did his job. Really wished Devonta caught that TD and I really wished that blown up double reserve screen play worked out. Like others observed, he showed basic pocket passer stuff like climbing the pocket that Hurts isn’t as refined as. It was hard to see the line play where I was. 

let’s pray Brandon brooks can get back soon. 

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Ah man this is great 

The fact Minshew is dressed like an instructor at Top Gun makes it even better. He's like a Jim McMahon, but even crazier. The QB Owen Schmitt. Actually a perfect fit for Philly. I hope he's on the team next year (preferably starting).

• Like 1