Week 13 Thread: (5-6) WFT vs (6-5) LVR - "VEGAS BABY, VEGAAAAAAAAAAAAS!"

MikeT14

Good luck (not really), and heres to an injury free game!

You guys are pretty spot on in how to beat / stop our O. Dont really need to blitz Carr, if you can just hint at pressure with 4, Carr tends to immediately check it down. Ruggs was a big loss, Djax is starting to fill the role, but its still different. Renfrow is our death by a 1000 cuts. If you put your 3rd cb on him he will feast all day. But if you get us in 3rd and longs, it is that much tougher for Renfrow. 

We have a big problem stopping the pass out of the backfield, so if JDM is indeed out, that is IMO a big gain for the Raiders. Ive been worried about him in this game for awhile. OBviously Gibson is your main back, but McKissic is dangerous. Our DEs are great at rushing the passer, but it comes at the cost of not setting the edge to well in run game. 

Both teams desperately need this win. Being as the Raiders never make things easy, I expect it to be a close game. Ill just say, if you guys do get up to a big lead. I would not ease up, we have come back from being down often this year. We play extremely conservative dig ourselves into a hole and then get aggresive to get out of it. 
Hope its a good game, and again injury free!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, offbyone said:

It will be very interesting how we play the secondary.  You are scared of DJax deep, but Renfrow could destroy us underneath.  

JDR's decision here will determine the outcome of this game.

To me it’s always better to take away the deep shots & come up and make the tackle which our secondary has been doing a better job of the last 6 games. 

Make Carr be patient and have to go on 10 to 12 play drives to have to score. Then, maybe we can force him into a mistake and get and int or force a fumble.

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

wonder if they bring up Wendell Smallwood ? and maybe Reaves

I don’t know, as @Jeezy Fanatic said I think add Small-Wood hurts us with the ladies! 😂 

Truthfully though, I don’t even expect Smallwood to get that many snaps. I think Patterson will get like 10 carries to give Gibby a rest & Gibby will be a 3 down back most of the game like Portis used to be for us in the 2000s. It’s not like Gibby isn’t a good receiver, he can certainly be our bellcow & our 3rd down back. He’ll just need a rest every once in a while and that’s where Patterson will get some carries.

I think Smallwood will just play special teams.

2 hours ago, ACO said:

Both huge losses. I would hope that Gibby just plays almost every snap at RB & Patterson gets like 10 carries to give Gibby a break but I have heard as others have said and Ron said on the Kevin Sheehan show that McKissic would get some of JD’s reps as a 3rd down back/change of pace guy.

With Collins out, I’m hoping that Hudson gets the call as WLB and not David Mayo, but I actually expect Mayo to get those snaps. I think Hudson can do an admirable job as a WLB - I thought he did so last December when he had to play - and I’d like to see him get to start and get those reps at WLB instead of Mayo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t know, as @Jeezy Fanatic said I think add Small-Wood hurts us with the ladies! 😂 

Truthfully though, I don’t even expect Smallwood to get that many snaps. I think Patterson will get like 10 carries to give Gibby a rest & Gibby will be a 3 down back most of the game like Portis used to be for us in the 2000s. It’s not like Gibby isn’t a good receiver, he can certainly be our bellcow & our 3rd down back. He’ll just need a rest every once in a while and that’s where Patterson will get some carries.

I think Smallwood will just play special teams.

Again, that would be surprising with what Rivera said today. 

15 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

D.Waller is doubtful. That would be a huge loss for them if he doesn’t play. 

Their backup Foster Moreau is a very good backup in his own right and is borderline starter quality. I hope the WFT D doesn't sleep on him. But you are right.... Waller is a top TE.. huge loss

• Like 1