Week 13 Thread: (5-6) WFT vs (6-5) LVR - "VEGAS BABY, VEGAAAAAAAAAAAAS!"

MikeT14

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

“Losing to a mediocre team with a poor QB” was said in the Raiders forum. I’ll accept mediocre team but I will not accept someone calling Heinecke a “poor QB”. He might not be great but he’s far from poor. 

Let them cry about it. This is something I would expect from fans, and not from players who just lost a game to that same "mediocre team" and "poor QB". 

I have more colorful words to say, so I'm sure you all can fill in the blanks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Let them cry about it. This is something I would expect from fans, and not from players who just lost a game to that same "mediocre team" and "poor QB". 

I have more colorful words to say, so I'm sure you all can fill in the blanks.

i am happy this team has given me something to root for, because the first half of the year was awful

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mar29020 said:

i am happy this team has given me something to root for, because the first half of the year was awful

Same. Even though I cheered each game, I consoled myself in the losses by looking at draft position. But this team has been a different team coming out of the Bye.

• Like 1

Defense kept up their great play... Del Rio should get the game ball, he was able to neutralize Derek Carr, someone he knows very well.

Gibson is proving he can handle 20+ carries in back to back games. 

I didn't like the draft pick at the time, mostly because I hadn't heard of him but TE John Bates is a nice surprise.

I don't know the severity of the injury but TE Logan Thomas looked really upset. 

WR Dyami Brown has been disappointing all season. I thought they were gonna get him involved early on but nope. He was hyped up way too much this offseason.

WR Curtis Samuel looks smaller than I thought. All the WRs had a bad game today except maybe Adam Humphries

LB Jamin Davis had some missed tackles but he had some great ones as well. His playing speed is noticeable. Big 4th quarter stop on a screen. 

First game in a while where we were playing with the lead most of the game. The team is learning how to win

• Like 3

11 hours ago, taylor made said:

Defense kept up their great play... Del Rio should get the game ball, he was able to neutralize Derek Carr, someone he knows very well.

I didn't like the draft pick at the time, mostly because I hadn't heard of him but TE John Bates is a nice surprise.

I don't know the severity of the injury but TE Logan Thomas looked really upset. 

WR Dyami Brown has been disappointing all season. I thought they were gonna get him involved early on but nope. He was hyped up way too much this offseason.

WR Curtis Samuel looks smaller than I thought. All the WRs had a bad game today except maybe Adam Humphries

LB Jamin Davis had some missed tackles but he had some great ones as well. His playing speed is noticeable. Big 4th quarter stop on a screen. 

First game in a while where we were playing with the lead most of the game. The team is learning how to win

Dyami Brown-heard him called the "steal of the draft" . We seem to get one of those guys every year .. Yaeh right !

27 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Dyami Brown-heard him called the "steal of the draft" . We seem to get one of those guys every year .. Yaeh right !

He’s a rookie who’s battled injuries. When are we going to realize as fans that what players do as rookies doesn’t necessarily forecast what they will be in years to come.

I will say on Dyami’s one catch he had yesterday he broke 3 tackles/made guys miss after taking a 2-yard reception & turning it into a 4-yard gain, the change of direction and moves he put on those defenders was impressive and gave us a little glimpse of his potential.

Edited by turtle28

11 hours ago, taylor made said:

I don’t think that the receivers had awful games, I Heinicke didn’t have the greatest game on his intermediate to deep passes, he was throwing high & behind guys all game. If not for Logan Thomas’s incredible vertical & one handed catch like he was grabbing a rebound as a power forward in basketball, Taylor wouldn’t have had his first TD pass. Taylor also threw a pick 6 that was dropped by Moering which would’ve clinched the win for the Raiders.

I don’t know what it is with Heinicke, but he really has some good luck which is something some of our past starting QBs didn’t seem to have. That dropped pick 6 was a perfect example.

The good thing now is our running game is humming a long as well as our D is playing better. If this game was before the bye week, we would’ve lost it bc our D would’ve made mistakes too, same with the Seattle game but our D giving up 21 points or less in each game since the bye week has been major in us wining each game.

Taylor is playing better, but he’s also getting some luck his way which I love to see but you have to question when that luck is going to run out.

I’m not worried about Dyami Brown, yes he was a bit hyped before the season but that’s bc beat reporters saw his speed dominate in practice when Fitzpatrick was throwing him the ball. It also may have been a reflection on the secondary more so than how great of a camp Dyami was having. He’s kind of having a typical mid to late round rookie WR season, I think his knee injury has slowed him some as Cam Sims’s hamstring injury slowed down what he could’ve done this year too. 

The one catch and run after the catch that Dyami had yesterday really showed off his potential. Hopefully he takes strides for next year, but regardless of that, re-signing DeAndre Carter is a must for this team even if we have to overpay a little. Carter is valuable and he’s what I had hoped Steven Sims would’ve developed into but Sims could never develop his concentration/get his hands to the level that a starting NFL receiver needed to be at.

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Did anyone see Shaka Toney on the field yesterday ? I expected a good dose of him but I didn't notice him on the field .

Now that you mention it I don’t remember seeing Toney at all. Not much Curtis Samuel either. Maybe they’re saving some stuff for the “conference schedule”.

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Did anyone see Shaka Toney on the field yesterday ? I expected a good dose of him but I didn't notice him on the field .

He was on the field on the very last drive and nearly got to Carr twice. I’m glad he sat the whole game while Toohill struggled to get any kind of rush. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, lavar703 said:

He was on the field on the very last drive and nearly got to Carr twice. I’m glad he sat the whole game while Toohill struggled to get any kind of rush. 

Yep, I was going to say the same thing. Toney didn’t get enough snaps. Toohill did have some nice rushes but he had the one roughing the passer where he took a step & a half and then hit Carr. I would’ve much rather seen Toney subbed in on 3rd and long for Toohill as Toney is the better pass rusher.

Edited by turtle28