TACT XXI: Dak got paid, HT got laid, thank God for the Micah trade!

Matts4313

57 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

“Huge loss” is probably an understatement. Nova basketball will never be the same again.

Living in the Philly area, everyone is shocked. This was highly unexpected. I’m already hearing rumbles of players thinking of transferring 

Is anyone else having a hard time getting into the draft this year?  I don’t know if it’s because the cowboys are drafting in the 20s which is a total crap shoot as to who will actually be on the board or because I have quite low expectations for the team next year.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Is anyone else having a hard time getting into the draft this year?  I don’t know if it’s because the cowboys are drafting in the 20s which is a total crap shoot as to who will actually be on the board or because I have quite low expectations for the team next year.

We have completely different approaches. I’m super excited. 

Last year we basically circled 3 players and RAGED when we got Parson. Now it’s complete chaos. 

20 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

I think this draft has a lot of intrigue. I think the low expectations for the team next year is the thing dragging down excitement.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 8:35 PM, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Going to Vegas for the draft. Expect tons of drinking. But any recommendations would be highly appreciated. Food. Places. Shows. Etc. 

Considering going to next year’s in KC. Looking forward to some feedback if it’s a worthwhile experience. Enjoy. 🍻 

On 4/22/2022 at 8:42 PM, The_Slamman said:

For me it's not just low expectations for the upcoming year.  It's the quarter century plus of nonsense.   Factor in an off season where the headlines were more about who we did not sign in free agency coupled with Jerry's paternity, Dalrymple's voyeurism, and Joseph being sought for questioning/involvement in a murder and I just throw my hands in the air and say what next? 

On 4/26/2022 at 7:12 PM, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Places to eat or must see visit places. 

Going with a group of buddies. So outdoors activities or really unique / cool places is the focus. 

Lotus of Siam (Thai)

Din Tai Fung (Soup dumplings)

Battista’s (all you can drink wine with your Italian food - classic Vegas spot)

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 5:12 PM, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Places to eat or must see visit places. 

Going with a group of buddies. So outdoors activities or really unique / cool places is the focus. 

For outdoor activities, these are the main one:  hike mt. Charleston (full day), hike red rock canyon (tons of hikes and occasionally you can spot cool wildlife and is a half day), lake mead recreation area (rent sea doos etc).  Downtown zip line is fun.

for food… lotus of Siam and komul are great Thai places but aren’t hole in the wall type restaurants.  Nabe is an awesome all you can eat sushi/Shabu shabu restaurant.  sushi fever is my sushi place, Mt. Everest for Indian.  For more upscale dining, Nora’s and Trattoria by chef Marc are awesome Italian places.  Top of the world, Del Friscos, are Prime great steak places.