Trey Lances devolopment (it failed)

49erurtaza

4 hours ago, N4L said:

I like that he is practicing this. It's actually extremely exciting and shows his head is in the right place. 

I've always said changing arm angles/platforms is one of the most underrated aspects of high-level QB play.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

I've always said changing arm angles/platforms is one of the most underrated aspects of high-level QB play.

Yeah... imagine a point guard who could only do bounce passes... no matter how accurate you are as a QB, if you have a tell, it's an advantage for a smart defender out there.

I love these little skills that separate the greats from the goods. In hockey, I always thought the ability to receive a tough pass (behind the player, into the skates, things like that) is one of the better indicators of high talent level, along with the ability to steal a puck from another player with a quick stick lift, and puck-handling at high speed. In football... I think the ability to twist your body into a gap, while maintaining leverage, is a rare ability. It's something Frank Gore had tons of, he'd squeeze into tight holes and come out the other side with the legs still pushing through. Aldon also had that ability, going between a tackle and a guard sideways, still accelerating, right into the QB's face. The arm angle for a QB, high-pointing for a receiver, simply catching the ball for a DB...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, N4L said:

allbright saying the anti-lance leaks are not coming from scarngello, but another offensive coach who recently left. 

Makes sense if it's Jon Embree. Silver also said on that podcast that he heard Kittle might retire in a season or two. 

53 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Makes sense if it's Jon Embree. Silver also said on that podcast that he heard Kittle might retire in a season or two. 

Honestly wouldn't surprise me too much. Kittle's body has taken a beating so far as a pro, and clearly he's got other interests outside of football. He'll be 29 this year and I don't see him sticking around like Tony Gonzalez did. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Honestly wouldn't surprise me too much. Kittle's body has taken a beating so far as a pro, and clearly he's got other interests outside of football. He'll be 29 this year and I don't see him sticking around like Tony Gonzalez did. 

Same. I said when we signed him that it was likely going to be his one big contract. Very difficult to hang around at a high level putting your body through that. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Same. I said when we signed him that it was likely going to be his one big contract. Very difficult to hang around at a high level putting your body through that. 

Which is weird because i can see Kittle getting into professional wrestling after his football career lol.

• Like 4