Week 14: Steelers (6-5-1) at VIKINGS (5-7)

swede700

21 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Once they missed the first attempt against Detroit, they were committed to the next two attempts. 

Why though? It’s not like the games over in the middle third. There’s a number of scoring scenarios that could play out. It just seems when you’re so bad at it as of late you end up chasing point. Give MN those extra point attempts instead of getting cute and wouldn’t the Lions game have gone to overtime with that final TD. Suppose Campbell would have gone for two because why not. 

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

If TJ Watt lines up against whatever parking cone we line up at LT, I'm gonna feel bad for Kirk Cousins and his family.

As long as we don't put Udoh out there one on one very much.    As good as Conklin has been, he's not really someone I'd want going one on one either.   Cousins will be fine throwing the ball, but he won't be afforded misses like he's had the past two losses.    

I'm more concerned about stopping Najee Harris..  If Pierce,, Tomlinson, Watts, Lynch and Tomlinson with Barr, we should be able to handle it . . . And get to Big Ben. 

• Like 1

Dalvin Cook is listed as questionable. It’s absolutely stupid that they’re thinking about playing him on a short week. Especially when his backup has performed better in his starts than Cook has in almost any of his. Let him get completely healthy. He’s paid too much to gamble with his health when the team isn’t going anywhere. Especially when the offense doesn’t miss a beat with Mattison. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Dalvin Cook is listed as questionable. It’s absolutely stupid that they’re thinking about playing him on a short week. Especially when his backup has performed better in his starts than Cook has in almost any of his. Let him get completely healthy. He’s paid too much to gamble with his health when the team isn’t going anywhere. Especially when the offense doesn’t miss a beat with Mattison. 

It's only an injury status.  I'm pretty sure there less than a 5% chance he plays.

I guess it's more than a 5% chance...but still I'd like to think they'd be smart enough to just give him the next 10 days off as well.  I wonder if Sugarman and the medical staff will give them a cover and not clear him to play.  

Edited by swede700

It’s a labrum injury that didn’t require surgery. Let’s not act like he’s coming back on one leg. 

Players around the league are playing with labrum injuries. Heck, Jefferson has been playing with one all season. 

Plus, just because Cook may play, it doesn’t mean that it’ll be a full work load. 

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I guess it's more than a 5% chance...but still I'd like to think they'd be smart enough to just give him the next 10 days off as well.  I wonder if Sugarman and the medical staff will give them a cover and not clear him to play.  

Zimmer is still coaching like he thinks he has a chance to save his job. Good sense be damned.