Week 14: Steelers (6-5-1) at VIKINGS (5-7)

swede700

8 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I know. That's what sucks most about all of this...

Take care of business the next two weeks and we’re back to .500. Might be good enough given that a 7th NFC team really hasn’t emerged. Washington is trending up so they might be the most dangerous team at the moment. Would certainly need to win 2 of 3 to close the year after these two. But if they can beat the Rams or Packers to close the year, they probably deserve to be in.

Edited by vikingsrule

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

Take care of business the next two weeks and we’re back to .500. Might be good enough given that a 7th NFC team really hasn’t emerged. Washington is trending up so they might be the most dangerous team at the moment.

They’ve got to get to 9-8. Last week that seemed easier by beating Detroit and losing to LA and GB. But now they need to go 4-1 to finish the season. That still means beating Pittsburgh at home and beating Chicago x2, but now that means finding a way to beat LA at home or GB on the road. 

33 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Take care of business the next two weeks and we’re back to .500. Might be good enough given that a 7th NFC team really hasn’t emerged. Washington is trending up so they might be the most dangerous team at the moment. Would certainly need to win 2 of 3 to close the year after these two. But if they can beat the Rams or Packers to close the year, they probably deserve to be in.

"Deserve" in the loosest sense of the word...

1 hour ago, SotanKing said:

Is Rashod Hill not on the roster anymore or what? I thought he did an okay job as backup LT last season. Why are they persisting with Udoh over Hill as backup LT?

Who knows...the only thing I can imagine is that they view Udoh as a better OL overall, so they are attempting to put the "best 5" guys out there...or they are looking ahead to 2022 to see if he can be a swing OL.

25 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Didn't Kenny play last week against the Lions and had two hits on the QB and some pressures?  At least the dude knows how to give great effort, even though he just tries to bull the offensive tackle backwards, better than nothing he just needs to change it up and vary his moves a little bit.  

Shocked Jones is so lacking in terms of production at DE.

Either way Vikings season is pretty much over and the coach should be fired and the GM, so if they cannot play free and loose in this one without being tentative and nervous that is just pathetic.  

On 12/8/2021 at 5:15 PM, wcblack34 said:

Dalvin Cook is listed as questionable. It’s absolutely stupid that they’re thinking about playing him on a short week. Especially when his backup has performed better in his starts than Cook has in almost any of his. Let him get completely healthy. He’s paid too much to gamble with his health when the team isn’t going anywhere. Especially when the offense doesn’t miss a beat with Mattison. 

Why do people here like your comment? Try to be objective people. I'm admittedly a huge Cook fan but even if I wasn't I'd call this comment out. Give some respect where respect is due to a player who sits right now in the top-10 rushing this season despite missing 3 games. 

The season is on the line and if Dalvin wants to play through injury that's called showing some toughness. I guess that gets overlooked when it comes to Dalvin? 

I like Mattison and the man is a capable starter with decent power. but he isn't as good of a running back as Cook. He's less explosive -- undeniably. 

2021:

Mattison / 110 carries -- 3.7 ypc 

Cook / 171 carries -- 4.5 ypc 

So how is Mattison performing better when ypc is the greatest metric for RB performance? 

Both running backs are having a down year compared to previous years and that falls on the O-line more than the backs. It's been pretty clear -- especially near the goal-line as Cooks TDs have dropped off the face of the earth. 

3 hours ago, SotanKing said:

Is Rashod Hill not on the roster anymore or what? I thought he did an okay job as backup LT last season. Why are they persisting with Udoh over Hill as backup LT?

Because it leaves Hill as the backup option should Udoh or O’Neill get dinged up during the game.