2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

The more I look at the interior OL available in FA the more I would love to see us really attack the 2nd & 3rd tier for solid guys...Trai Turner just makes a ton of sense for us to target given he spent this past season with Morgan in Pittsburgh & brings the type of size/length/athletic profile Poles seems to be saying he wants...if he is looking for another 1 year $3 million deal it fits our price range especially if we do spend to bring James Daniels back…getting a guy like Turner takes a lot of pressure off finding a starting OL in the draft from day 1.

I'm really hoping to look at Pryor from IND and Wylie from KC. Both have been able to be decent spot starters at OT and would be better in the IOL. Pryor has great size/athleticism to work with too. Fisher would be a great 1-2 year add too. Ben Jones would be a good patch player too. 

• Like 1

Ryan Poles isn't messing around.

Honestly not even sad one bit to see both Cohen and Goldman go.

For Cohen how do you miss that much time coming back from what should be a routine surgery nowadays? He's probably done

As for Goldman he really put a sour taste in my mouth after all that news last year of contemplating retirement after skipping out the year before due to Covid..and then for the most part playing like crap in 2021 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Ryan Poles isn't messing around.

Honestly not even sad one bit to see both Cohen and Goldman go.

For Cohen how do you miss that much time coming back from what should be a routine surgery nowadays? He's probably done

As for Goldman he really put a sour taste in my mouth after all that news last year of contemplating retirement after skipping out the year before due to Covid..and then for the most part playing like crap in 2021 

How about sitting out a year with Covid concerns and coming back unvaccinated? Like make less sense dude.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

If he is cut surely we look at him.

Am I missing something with this guy..I mean why would Cowboys cut a tackle in his prime years if there weren't some question marks?

If he's that important to your team then you find a way to keep him regardless of money and it's not as if the Cowboys are rebuilding

I'm all for adding talent to this OL but maybe someone can help me out with this one?

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Am I missing something with this guy..I mean why would Cowboys cut a tackle in his prime years if there weren't some question marks?

If he's that important to your team then you find a way to keep him regardless of money and it's not as if the Cowboys are rebuilding

I'm all for adding talent to this OL but maybe someone can help me out with this one?

The Cowboys are really tight against the cap and with Collins having missed all of 2020 then 5 games in 2021 and with Steele stepping up they maybe think they can afford to make the saving there...I don't think any FA is without risk but Collins' talent as well as the fact he would fill a major need just makes too much sense not to at least be in on.

I can't describe how much I hope we can fill enough gaps in FA to allow us to be flexible with those two 2nd round picks...I would love it if we could spend one in a defensive player because there is so much talent on that side of the ball...Perrion Winfrey would be an awesome pick up inside if we have sorted the OL & WR spot well enough to not be forced to draft there early.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, G08 said:

I found that move VERY puzzling. Is Poles going to cut Williams, or something? 

But I know nothing about Evans...so maybe I shouldn't be quite as confused? 

56 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I can't describe how much I hope we can fill enough gaps in FA to allow us to be flexible with those two 2nd round picks...I would love it if we could spend one in a defensive player because there is so much talent on that side of the ball...Perrion Winfrey would be an awesome pick up inside if we have sorted the OL & WR spot well enough to not be forced to draft there early.

Yeah, I think I said it somewhere else (or here, earlier), but if Winfrey or Zion Johnson is there at #39, Poles maybe has to go that direction...

I wonder what it would cost is to get both Cooper and Collins from DAL (and then presumably re-work both their contracts to make the 2022 cap hits workable). Both would be huge upgrades with established players with multiple years of high end play expected ahead of them.

^^^^^^

Total pipe dream, but 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I wonder what it would cost is to get both Cooper and Collins from DAL (and then presumably re-work both their contracts to make the 2022 cap hits workable). Both would be huge upgrades with established players with multiple years of high end play expected ahead of them.

^^^^^^

Total pipe dream, but 🤷‍♂️

Rumors right now have the Cowboys only wanting a 3rd or 4th for Cooper...I think if that is the case we would be made not to make that trade...I get the argument of us not being one reciever away or indeed that we have just traded Mack away because of his cap hit and again we are not on player away but the difference here is Cooper would be a massive help in developing Fields which has to be the ultimate goal in 2022...Cooper is 28 years old...if we can get 5 good years out of him for a 3rd...man I do that in a heart beat knowing how much it would help Fields to have that kind of established talent out there...

Like you said getting both would be a pipe dream but would be damn good...Collins would play RT which also allows you to shift Borom inside and fix that guard spot.