2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

9 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Even if he lost a step having him and Smith together for a few years would be fun. 

I'm not sure he lost a step.

Seattle is simply going all-in with the rebuild. 

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

I'm not sure he lost a step.

Seattle is simply going all-in with the rebuild. 

Definitely. I'm not saying he has either, just a general statement. I just haven't watched (but maybe?) 3 SEA games early in the season when I was looking at Waldron as a potential HC. When they started falling apart I just lost interest in them

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Definitely. I'm not saying he has either, just a general statement. I just haven't watched (but maybe?) 3 SEA games early in the season when I was looking at Waldron as a potential HC. When they started falling apart I just lost interest in them

I'm curious to see if the new, all-in on Watson rumors are true...or if they go for a rookie.

It would be crazy if Seattle traded for Watson, and Mills ended up being a franchise QB in Houston. We all, pretty much, liked Mills here...just thought he needed time to recuperate and adjust. 

How insane would it be for the Texans if they got a whole bunch of players and draft picks...but they already had their franchise QB in place? I mean, WOW. 

Edited by Heinz D.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Tavon Young released by the Ravens...he is an excellent nickel when healthy which has been his big issue over the last few years...for vet min as a flyer I would like to see what he could offer...especially in a depth role.

Reminder when I did one of this sites large GM drafts for Bears in 2016 we drafted Jack Conklin, Chris Jones, Austin Hooper and Tavon Young amongst others.

I am pretty proud of that one real stab I took at working at scouting and then doing it against 31 other human guys doing same.   

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

If this is the case and we can get him back on the cheap then we should...lose 20lbs...move him to centre and we have a solid starter for 10 years.

I don’t put any stock into anything from that particular account. With that said, if Daniels is back I think C makes the most sense. That he wasn’t put there and allowed to grow into the role is yet another failure of the prior regime. Especially last year when the chosen alternative was Sam Mustipher and we had other viable RG options. 😡

Solid guard play can be found easier than any other spot on the line, but a solid center has a ton of value. I’d sign Daniels to a deal that pays him as a solid center if I can get it (meaning the $ most are talking about for Brian Allen) knowing I have the fall back to moving him to guard if center doesn’t pan out for him and will still have an effective player. I’m fine with Allen too, but he’s a known commodity at C (not at all a bad thing, but I think he is what he is). I think Daniels should be solid there too (he wasn’t awful when we saw him there IMO - just inexperienced), but he could be better than Allen. He’s a 4-year vet now, and will still be just 25 this year. Keeping him as our C would be the kind of long term outlook move Poles has been talking about. His skill set as a zone scheme center is a fit too. Here’s his draft profile:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/james-daniels/32004441-4e55-9931-e8d6-d8558958d2cc

Get him back down to that weight, put Whitehair at one guard spot (for 2022 anyway) and a mean SOB on the other and let him work. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I'm curious to see if the new, all-in on Watson rumors are true...or if they go for a rookie.

It would be crazy if Seattle traded for Watson, and Mills ended up being a franchise QB in Houston. We all, pretty much, liked Mills here...just thought he needed time to recuperate and adjust. 

How insane would it be for the Texans if they got a whole bunch of players and draft picks...but they already had their franchise QB in place? I mean, WOW. 

The rumors were started by Jason La Canfora, therefore there is likely zero truth to them