2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

9 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been more activity so far. Not just from the Bears, but overall. 

Teams are obviously being a lot more tactical this year. It's interesting. 

Well...teams except for the Jaguars. They're kind of like a drunken sailor on shore leave right now...

Pound the table! Ask away! We're with ya! 🙂

xD

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

No, actually the Jags had the third most cap money in the league.  

Sportrac has them at eighth...which is well below the Bears. 

Either way, the Kirk signing is insanity, but all the players they're adding are solid.

So you have that going for you. Which is nice. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

Sportrac has them at eighth...which is well below the Bears. 

Either way, the Kirk signing is insanity, but all the players they're adding are solid.

So you have that going for you. Which is nice. 

Swinging for the fences...

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

The lack of action on the OL is … concerning. 

Can't say I like it, either...but there was no getting a quality starting center, apparently. So, we'll scrounge around. 

I want Fisher or Rieff as the swing tackle now...

Just now, CBears019 said:

Terron Armstead is still out there and i haven’t seen any rumors about him.  Then there’s the whole Lael Collins situation that has yet to be resolved.  Hopefully they’ll be in on one of them?

I want nothing to do with Armstead. He's an injury risk, and he's going to hold out hope for massive cash, maybe for a while. Collins is going to want to get PAID too...and I don't think we need to be investing in tackles. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I want nothing to do with Armstead. He's an injury risk, and he's going to hold out hope for massive cash, maybe for a while. Collins is going to want to get PAID too...and I don't think we need to be investing in tackles. 

Unless Poles thinks Borom and/or Jenkins are guards of course

I thought Austin Corbett would be a decent signing but Carolina just signed him

Alex Cappa is out there still. Not a great pass blocker but good enough and still young

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The lack of action on the OL is … concerning. 

And wr... I'd honestly expect at least one move at both. 

Chark is still my choice for a vet wr, and given the money Jax is throwing around on Kirk, they can't resign Chark. Even liking this draft for WRs, I don't want to be completely dependent on a rookie (or multiple) and Mooney to carry. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Alex Cappa is out there still. Not a great pass blocker but good enough and still young

Cappa was one of the first guys off the board. 

But it would have been cool if he'd become a Bear...

😪

Edited by Heinz D.

4 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Chark is still my choice for a vet wr, and given the money Jax is throwing around on Kirk, they can't resign Chark. Even liking this draft for WRs, I don't want to be completely dependent on a rookie (or multiple) and Mooney to carry. 

No...obviously not. They've given up on Chark. Totally. Which I find weird. But, whatever. You do you, Trent Baalke! 

Really happy w/ the Ogunjyobi signing, he was a guy I had pegged as a good 3 tech for this defense, a little expensive, but it's FA, overpaying is the name of rhe game.  Interesting nothing on AR yet.  Have to wonder who is on him.  Not much left on the OL board, but Daniels is. Maybe there is something going on there.  I expect a WR, CB, and OL signed in the coming days.  Still all in on DJ Chark, who plays and times a lot like Olave.  AJ Boyue would be a pretty good transitional signing as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Really happy w/ the Ogunjyobi signing, he was a guy I had pegged as a good 3 tech for this defense, a little expensive, but it's FA, overpaying is the name of rhe game.  Interesting nothing on AR yet.  Have to wonder who is on him.  Not much left on the OL board, but Daniels is. Maybe there is something going on there.  I expect a WR, CB, and OL signed in the coming days.  Still all in on DJ Chark, who plays and times a lot like Olave.  AJ Boyue would be a pretty good transitional signing as well.

Ive heard the Chiefs and Browns are in on Robinson.  Browns seem odd since they just took on Coopers contract.  Ive also seen the Chiefs being in on Landry, so who knows.  I’ve also read that, understandably so, Kirks deal with Jax has screwed up the entire WR market.

4 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Ive heard the Chiefs and Browns are in on Robinson.  Browns seem odd since they just took on Coopers contract.  Ive also seen the Chiefs being in on Landry, so who knows.  I’ve also read that, understandably so, Kirks deal with Jax has screwed up the entire WR market.

If I'm a GM, idk how you handle the FA WR group w/ the Kirk deal.  It such an outlier.  I could see how you give Arob that money.  I was pegging Chark for a Gallup like deal.  They are paying a slot WR #1 money.