2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

3 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

James Daniels was a mediocre player who never reached his potential. I'm OK with letting him walk, but we need some OL bodies to fight for positions.

I am a huge critic, but he didn’t break bank like people were predicting.  He still has talent.

Might have been worth keeping at price he went for.  But probably one of those things where he needs a new venue to perform better.  

6 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

He's still young and played reasonably well last season. Was the Bears' best OL for most of the season.

He can be both mediocre and the Bears best OL.... Joking 

He was REALLY up and down and wasn't consistently good or bad at any particular skill. Sometimes he'd be out there throwing dudes into the center of the earth, and other times he'd be looking like he forgot the reps weren't against air.  Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up being solid-good in Pit. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

From someone I trust

Bears are a finalist for MVS.

I would not be super thrilled about someone who struggled quite a bit with Aaron Rodgers as his QB with a good oline and Adams on other side.

This after passing on a more talented Chark that signed relatively cheap.

The Poles admin is not off to great start in FA.   Still wait until we have a large picture.

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I would not be super thrilled about someone who struggled quite a bit with Aaron Rodgers as his QB with a good oline and Adams on other side.

The Poles admin is not off to great start in FA.   Still wait until we have a large picture.

Can't say that 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Saying he struggled would be overexaggerating his year last year. Consistency is the key. But overall I think he had pretty decent chemistry with Rodgers. 

For anyone still worried...tell me what properly ran teams like the Pats or Colts have done so far? Especially the Colts with the most cap space in the NFL? You don't build a winner in FA...you become the Jets & the Jags in FA...

No one every won or lost a game in March...let's see what plays out here.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

For anyone still worried...tell me what properly ran teams like the Pats or Colts have done so far? Especially the Colts with the most cap space in the NFL? You don't build a winner in FA...you become the Jets & the Jags in FA...

No one every won or lost a game in March...let's see what plays out here.

Those teams have more talent than the Bears. Both teams have an OL.

The Bears do not have the talent level to be passive.

There is a massive gap between being the Jets and Jags and not doing anything.

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Those teams have more talent than the Bears. Both teams have an OL.

The Bears do not have the talent level to be passive.

There is a massive gap between being the Jets and Jags and not doing anything.

Would you like to discuss how the Colts OL was built? 

Even the Pats OL? 

You don't win in FA...you win in the draft and that is where Poles will do his best work.

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Would you like to discuss how the Colts OL was built? 

Even the Pats OL? 

You don't win in FA...you win in the draft and that is where Poles will do his best work.

Good we only need to draft 4 offensive starters, awesome.

We need offensive talent sooner than the draft can provide.

We can start building in the draft once a minimum level of talent is set for this year. We do not have 2-3 years to build an OL like the Colts.