2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

9 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

This free agent class looks pretty weak when you take the headliner out of it.

Didn't love the signing, but at least he was going to add a some guaranteed production and punch to the line up.

If that money were somehow to turn into Collins we’d get a bigger need filled and still retain the ARob comp pick potential… 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

If that money were somehow to turn into Collins we’d get a bigger need filled and still retain the ARob comp pick potential… 🤷‍♂️

We are currently -1 when it comes to comp picks, that ship may have sailed.

The money could 100% be spent in better spots.

#Bears center Lucas Patrick on QB Justin Fields: "He's got IT." "I plan to keep him as clean as possible so he can make the plays that he was brought in here to make," Patrick said.

#Bears center Lucas Patrick: "To go from one historic franchise to THE historic franchise in the NFL ... it's Chicago, that was too good to pass up."

13 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I would very much so disagree.

In all likelihood ESB is a training camp look see on a H/W/S specimen with basically no risk. I don’t have any problem with that. I can’t imagine it’s a move that keeps us from any other moves. 

ND receivers are so very strange to scout. So many are ineffectual in college and just look run of the mill and then get drafted relatively high and perform better in the pros than in college. I’m not talking about EQ here since he’s sucked in the pros too lol. But it does make me wonder about Kevin Austin 

6 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

In all likelihood ESB is a training camp look see on a H/W/S specimen with basically no risk. I don’t have any problem with that. I can’t imagine it’s a move that keeps us from any other moves. 

Not at all...I still want at least 1 possibly 2 more recievers this offseason...St. Brown is a #4 in the red zone & probably a #5 elsewhere but give me a guy with that H/W/S over a small slower guy.

• Like 1