Former probowl wr Demaryius dead at age 33

LinderFournette

1 hour ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

What’s your problem? 

maybe it was the fact that Buck was speculating on DT's death with ZERO information about what he was talking about other than "it's happened to other guys". Its utter nonsense, irresponsibly and disrespectful. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

maybe it was the fact that Buck was speculating on DT's death with ZERO information about what he was talking about other than "it's happened to other guys". Its utter nonsense, irresponsibly and disrespectful. 

Don't try to say I was being disrespectful to Demaryius.  I was merely asking the question if anyone had information whether his death was heart-related.  I was not making any proclamations because I don't have enough information on the situation.  I SPECIFICALLY stated that "I have no way of knowing whether this was the case with Demaryius."  Is there something wrong with trying to get more information?

They are doing an autopsy to find out what happened, but maybe they could have saved themselves the time because somehow, you seem to be able to state that you know with absolute certainty. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Don't try to say I was being disrespectful to Demaryius.  I was merely asking the question if anyone had information whether his death was heart-related.  I was not making any proclamations because I don't have enough information on the situation.  I SPECIFICALLY stated that "I have no way of knowing whether this was the case with Demaryius."  Is there something wrong with trying to get more information?

They are doing an autopsy to find out what happened, but maybe they could have saved themselves the time because somehow, you seem to be able to state that you know with absolute certainty. 

If you legitimately do not understand the problem with what you did, this is  chance to become educated on something you unintentionally did - but something that is enormously harmful and has lead to nationwide misery:

You pointedly asked a question with ZERO evidence of any kind. It was a random thought in your head. One that is EASILY searchable on your own. Just by asking the question with an assumptive answer buried within it, you are liable to influence other non-critical thinkers, and that's how rumors and misinformation take seed. All the while, the originator has the plausible deniability of crying "well i was jussttt asking a queesssstion". 

So here's the proper way to ask if you do not know:

"Does anyone know the cause of death?"

It is pointless and stupid and harmful to add invented information into a question. The insertion of (intentional or unintentional) misinformation posed as a question has the effect of generating stupid controversy for absolutely no reason.

We unfortunately just got over a national leader who constantly does this. And everyone needs to friggin stop.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Very sad news.  I read that he had just retired this spring.  Demaryius was on the receiving end of one of my favorite overtime playoff game-winning plays of all time.  May he rest in peace.

I know it is being reported that his death was related to a previous car accident, but I'm wondering if any of it was also heart related.  There has been a fairly large number of perfectly healthy young athletes who have died recently from heart issues.  It's very strange.  Just speculating, as I have no way of knowing whether this was the case with Demaryius.

Came to see the disrespectful post. Found nothing. I continue to be embarrassed by what people think is disrespectful. Good Lord.

• Like 17

16 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

If you legitimately do not understand the problem with what you did, this is  chance to become educated on something you unintentionally did - but something that is enormously harmful and has lead to nationwide misery:

You pointedly asked a question with ZERO evidence of any kind. It was a random thought in your head. One that is EASILY searchable on your own. Just by asking the question with an assumptive answer buried within it, you are liable to influence other non-critical thinkers, and that's how rumors and misinformation take seed. All the while, the originator has the plausible deniability of crying "well i was jussttt asking a queesssstion". 

So here's the proper way to ask if you do not know:

"Does anyone know the cause of death?"

It is pointless and stupid and harmful to add invented information into a question. The insertion of (intentional or unintentional) misinformation posed as a question has the effect of generating stupid controversy for absolutely no reason.

We unfortunately just got over a national leader who constantly does this. And everyone needs to friggin stop.

When the day comes that you need to be the one educating me, just put me out of my misery instead.

Yes, I asked a question with zero evidence.  Usually, when you are asking questions, you are looking for evidence/information.  It is when making a proclamation (as you are so fond of doing), that you need to back it up with evidence.

Finally, I think there are rules against your commenting about our national leader.  This is a thread about Demaryius Thomas.  How about keeping your politics to yourself so we can keep this thread open?

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

When the day comes that you need to be the one educating me, just put me out of my misery instead.

Yes, I asked a question with zero evidence.  Usually, when you are asking questions, you are looking for evidence/information.  It is when making a proclamation (as you are so fond of doing), that you need to back it up with evidence.

Finally, I think there are rules against your commenting about our national leader.  This is a thread about Demaryius Thomas.  How about keeping your politics to yourself so we can keep this thread open?

I'm sorry you don't understand :(

But you're right, no need to derail this thread any more with nonsense.

3 hours ago, paul-mac said:

There's a lot of anti-vaxxers on twitter trying to link this death to the vaccine, I was just checking that these attitudes aren't creeping on to FF.

Let's be clear, he passed away tragically due to medical issues associated with his car accident two years ago. Not a suicide, no foul play and absolutely nothing to do with the vaccine. This is nothing other than a heartbreaking tragedy :( 

He didn't imply any of that but you're putting words in his mouth. I agree that his comments were speculative and out of place.

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

He's assuming someone is an anti-vaxxer without good reason. That said, I agree with your take.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Id argue that what you and a couple other posters are doing in this thread is more disrespectful than what Uncle Buck did.    

Call it a stupid question if you want, but the laughable overreactions are what derailed this thread.

• Like 7