Former probowl wr Demaryius dead at age 33

LinderFournette

37 minutes ago, Emerica said:

Wow terrible news to wake up to. The guy genuinely looked like a tremendous human being. Very sad, RIP

If anybody is interested, read this. One of the best ESPN pieces/stories out there.

DT was incredibly soft spoken so he never got the national spotlight probably like he should have. This story gives you a great background of who he is. It was after reading this that he became on of my favorite players to root for

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11830457/denver-broncos-demaryius-thomas-dreams-reuniting-estranged-family

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

Very sad news.  I read that he had just retired this spring.  Demaryius was on the receiving end of one of my favorite overtime playoff game-winning plays of all time.  May he rest in peace.

I know it is being reported that his death was related to a previous car accident, but I'm wondering if any of it was also heart related.  There has been a fairly large number of perfectly healthy young athletes who have died recently from heart issues.  It's very strange.  Just speculating, as I have no way of knowing whether this was the case with Demaryius.

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Very sad news.  I read that he had just retired this spring.  Demaryius was on the receiving end of one of my favorite overtime playoff game-winning plays of all time.  May he rest in peace.

I know it is being reported that his death was related to a previous car accident, but I'm wondering if any of it was also heart related.  There has been a fairly large number of perfectly healthy young athletes who have died recently from heart issues.  It's very strange.  Just speculating, as I have no way of knowing whether this was the case with Demaryius.

Is this a thinly veiled anti-vaccine dog whistle? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

What’s your problem? 

There's a lot of anti-vaxxers on twitter trying to link this death to the vaccine, I was just checking that these attitudes aren't creeping on to FF.

Let's be clear, he passed away tragically due to medical issues associated with his car accident two years ago. Not a suicide, no foul play and absolutely nothing to do with the vaccine. This is nothing other than a heartbreaking tragedy :( 

• Like 2