2022 Prospect General Discussion Thread

Jeezla

Why does Kaiir Elam stock seem to be falling towards end of the 1st/early 2nd? Wasn't Booth worse in coverage this year, aside from penalties? 

Was Kyler Gordon on Washington that good this year? Or is his stock ramping up mostly due to his potential?

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Fwiw:

Well, thats why its considered a 'hot take"

-I specifically watched that game to see if he was worthy of his sudden #1 pick billing and left feeling exactly the way I felt about him before 

-Anyone who has access to the internet can see what Bruger said was false, he used one clip but actually he was being handled by their RT #70 pretty handily and in some cases he was SINGLE blocked by a TE and was worked over (7:10 1st Q)

- What is more alarming is that UGA is as close to an NFL team as there is and he was easily handled, what happens when he gets to the next level when you have guys bigger stronger and faster than #70?Not to mention whenever he went against Salyer he got destroyed. This is a real question that smart people will ask

-Its funny how he gets all of the praise for what he did vs OSU but now people are making excuses for him when he basically got destroyed all game (but that's the hive society, not many think for themselves anymore)

-Here is a clip making the rounds around the internet https://www.facebook.com/groups/OLineDLine/permalink/1333793547068679/

-Nakobe Dean, Jordan Davis, Travon Walker, Will Anderson and even Sauce Gardner all made significant impact the big stage, but this guy gets a pass 🙄

-He is a really good football player no doubt but not to the level that people who casually watch the game think he is 

7 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Well, thats why its considered a 'hot take"

-I specifically watched that game to see if he was worthy of his sudden #1 pick billing and left feeling exactly the way I felt about him before 

-Anyone who has access to the internet can see what Bruger said was false, he used one clip but actually he was being handled by their RT #70 pretty handily and in some cases he was SINGLE blocked by a TE and was worked over (7:10 1st Q)

- What is more alarming is that UGA is as close to an NFL team as there is and he was easily handled, what happens when he gets to the next level when you have guys bigger stronger and faster than #70?Not to mention whenever he went against Salyer he got destroyed. This is a real question that smart people will ask

-Its funny how he gets all of the praise for what he did vs OSU but now people are making excuses for him when he basically got destroyed all game (but that's the hive society, not many think for themselves anymore)

-Here is a clip making the rounds around the internet https://www.facebook.com/groups/OLineDLine/permalink/1333793547068679/

-Nakobe Dean, Jordan Davis, Travon Walker, Will Anderson and even Sauce Gardner all made significant impact the big stage, but this guy gets a pass 🙄

-He is a really good football player no doubt but not to the level that people who casually watch the game think he is 

Some guys I respect the hell out of are saying different…

Haven't had a chance to go back and watch it again myself though.

Also, don’t think anyone gives players “passes”. They legitimately are saying they think said player played well. Even if it ends up being a poor showing one game isn’t tanking a players stock, as fun as that is to think. If a team had him #1 on their board going into this game, it’s probably not changing due to said game. At most maybe a slot or two.

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Some guys I respect the hell out of are saying different…

Haven't had a chance to go back and watch it again myself though.

Also, don’t think anyone gives players “passes”. They legitimately are saying they think said player played well. Even if it ends up being a poor showing one game isn’t tanking a players stock, as fun as that is to think. If a team had him #1 on their board going into this game, it’s probably not changing due to said game. At most maybe a slot or two.

That's fair.

That post wasn't directed towards you BTW

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

That's fair.

That post wasn't directed towards you BTW

Fwiw I don’t think he’s a good #1 overall pick either. He isn’t either of the Bosa brothers as a prospect. This draft is just so lackluster at the top where he probably is a top 5 talent, especially with edge being such a sought after position.

• Like 2

Just now, .Buzz said:

Fwiw I don’t think he’s a good #1 overall pick either. He isn’t either of the Bosa brothers. This draft is just so lackluster at the top.

That's basically what I said in the Edge thread and got mobbed by the hive 🤣, I think I called him Jared Allen and they got after me...lol

2 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

That's basically what I said in the Edge thread and got mobbed by the hive 🤣, I think I called him Jared Allen and they got after me...lol

I mean tbf I think a lot of people would happily take a Jared Allen level player at the top.

Jeezla WR rankings

1 Treylon Burks 
2 Garrett Wilson
3 Jahan Dotson
4 Jameson Williams
5 Drake London
6 Chris Olave
7 Metchie (who I still need to watch more of)

8 Wan'Dale Robinson
9 David Bell
10 Romeo Doubs
11 Khalil Shakir
12 Skyy Moore
13 George Pickens
14 Justyn Ross
15 Jerreth Sterns
16 Reggie Roberson/Danny Gray

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Jeezla WR rankings

1 Treylon Burks 
2 Garrett Wilson
3 Jahan Dotson
4 Jameson Williams
5 Drake London
6 Chris Olave

8 Wan'Dale Robinson
9 David Bell
10 Romeo Doubs
11 Khalil Shakir
12 Skyy Moore
13 George Pickens
14 Justyn Ross
15 Jerreth Sterns

Bold on the Burks placement, but I’m a huge fan of his. 

14 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Jeezla WR rankings

1 Treylon Burks 
2 Garrett Wilson
3 Jahan Dotson
4 Jameson Williams
5 Drake London
6 Chris Olave

8 Wan'Dale Robinson
9 David Bell
10 Romeo Doubs
11 Khalil Shakir
12 Skyy Moore
13 George Pickens
14 Justyn Ross
15 Jerreth Sterns

I would have Olave over London.  Elite route runners in college translates extremely well in the NFL.  Olave will be a fantastic rookie and have a long career.

I did find it hard to judge London due to USC's offense seemed to just throw jump balls to him. 

I read on a mock that people believe Hutchinson has shorter than 33” arms. Has anyone heard this or does it appear to anyone that he has short arms?

“I’ve heard whispers that his arm length will be under the typical 33” threshold teams like to look for. The NFL hasn’t drafted an exterior pass rusher that failed to meet that threshold in the first round since Vic Beasley in 2015.”

8 hours ago, jebrick said:

I would have Olave over London.  Elite route runners in college translates extremely well in the NFL.  Olave will be a fantastic rookie and have a long career.

I did find it hard to judge London due to USC's offense seemed to just throw jump balls to him. 

I think Olave's route running is a bit overrated, but still good.

London caught 88 passes before he got hurt, and they definitely weren't all jump balls or even mostly jump balls. He looks like bigger Tee Higgins with his smoothness.

Edited by Jeezla

On 12/15/2021 at 12:05 PM, Jeezla said:

I need to see more Jalen Pitre. His youtube tape vs Oklahoma is the only thing I can find, but I liked what I saw very much.

His stats are insane, 19 TFL, 3.5 sacks, 2 INT’s, 7 PB’s 3 FF/FR. that’s insane for a safety, and it doesn’t seem like he’s the “tweener” type safety we’ve been seeing the past few years, at least his body type doesn’t look the part