2022 Prospect General Discussion Thread

Jeezla

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I love QB charting. Don't think it ultimately is going to tell you who will succeed or fail, but it's really fun to look at 

IMO it was right on predicting Lawrence's struggles and how dependent/successful he was on passes at the LOS or within 5 yards (the screen % was mind blowing) and how Mac Jones should be utilized (very similarly to how NE does), and it hit the nail on the head with Herbert coming out as well as Burrow.

• Like 1

This was a few weeks ago but I do find it interesting the way all there ears perk up/eyes open wider when talking about TWalk. I’ve noticed that with a lot of current and former players when his name has been brought up.

I am starting to really come around to Perrion Winfrey for the Chiefs. We need pass rush talent all over the line and Winfrey could get immediate snaps in subpackages as an interior pass rusher alongside Chris Jones with the possibility of eventually replacing Jones.

I am also interested in the idea that Steve Spagnoulo could potentially get Winfrey some snaps at defensive end. Last offseason the team tried moving Jones to end...it wasn't a successful move and ended up getting scrapped during the season, but they might like Winfrey's quickness and movement ability as an option to get some snaps in that role.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nicfre2011 said:

I am starting to really come around to Perrion Winfrey for the Chiefs. We need pass rush talent all over the line and Winfrey could get immediate snaps in subpackages as an interior pass rusher alongside Chris Jones with the possibility of eventually replacing Jones.

I am also interested in the idea that Steve Spagnoulo could potentially get Winfrey some snaps at defensive end. Last offseason the team tried moving Jones to end...it wasn't a successful move and ended up getting scrapped during the season, but they might like Winfrey's quickness and movement ability as an option to get some snaps in that role.

Sounds like you should be looking at Logan Hall.

• Like 3

Kyle Phillips and Bo Melton are two of my favorite receiving prospects in this class.

Bo was 33% and 36% I believe it was of the passing offense at Rutgers the last two seasons. He was really held back by run percentage and QB play. He needs to clean up some drops with a 8.2% drop rate but from my deep dive a couple of those were just such bad passes. Already 23 not sure how much more development he has left but I think he could be a real sleeper. 4.34 40 and 38 inch Vert at a solid 5’11 190 he breaks tackles and makes plays. 

Phillips is a tough gritty slot only guy but in the right system I think he could do some Renfrow type damage. Needs to work on not over working releases he often pulls too many shake moves together and it delays timing but he has the quickness and footwork to be able to work on this and do some short to intermediate damage for some team.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Phillips is a tough gritty slot only guy but in the right system I think he could do some Renfrow type damage. Needs to work on not over working releases he often pulls too many shake moves together and it delays timing but he has the quickness and footwork to be able to work on this and do some short to intermediate damage for some team.

I'd love the Bengals to nab Phillips at 95 or even better at 136 to groom as Boyd's replacement in 2024 and be an immediate contributor in 4 wide sets.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nicfre2011 said:

I just dont think we try it, doesnt really make sense defensively as a fit.

Unless hes next Justin Tuck

Edited by Chiefer

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

The guy closest to Justin Tuck in this draft is probably Karlaftis, at least from an athletic profile standpoint.

And when i watch him he definitely doesnt remind me of Justin Tuck😂

if anything Spagz has been getting lighter on his DEs, he had no problem starting Ingram as a stand up rusher.

Chiefs fans are trying to go big at EDGE lately(winfrey/Hall) and I just dont see Spagz doing that. 

24 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

And when i watch him he definitely doesnt remind me of Justin Tuck😂

if anything Spagz has been getting lighter on his DEs, he had no problem starting Ingram as a stand up rusher.

Chiefs fans are trying to go big at EDGE lately(winfrey/Hall) and I just dont see Spagz doing that. 

I wasn't inferring Winfrey is an answer at EDGE, I was simply saying MAYBE with how the Chiefs tried to use Jones outside they would entertain giving an interior pass rusher like Winfrey some snaps outside in some packages with the primary long term projection being inside.

3 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I like them both for KC, but at DT. There are some people who seem to project these guys as primarily edge guys and I don't get it. Sure they could rotate out based on package, but that isn't what they'll excel at.

I have to think we go edge in the 1st. My guess is a trade up somewhere between 8 and 14 depending on who falls.