2022 Prospect General Discussion Thread

Jeezla

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I don't think he needs to be that guy.  I think he's going to have a very long career, and a very successful one.

Me either, he reminds me of Hunter Renfrow, not the biggest or fastest guy but just always seems to find a way to get open. 

5 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Does the drops worry you? I like the skillset but those are alarming to me.

I'm not too concerned about it honestly, I don't think it will be an issue for him.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Question. Why does it seem guys like London/Williams are getting a free pass, perhaps even their stock increaced after coming off serious injury but a guy like Ross is being shaded to the 2nd round because of his injury.

We just saw London/Williams have dominant years but Ross didn't look the same coming off of the injury.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

When you have outstanding GPS data, teams don't care about your Combine.

Agreed. Sometimes guys just don't test as well as expected for whatever reason despite evidence showing they are explosive on the field. Treylon Burks is one of those guys

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Drake was doing 540 dunks and hit 21 mph in high school.  Don't care about jumps and a 40.

Better change of direction/smoother than Burks based on tape. 

London will still go top 15 and if he doesn't, i pray the Packers move up for him.

Everyone always falls in love with H/W/S when evaluating WR yet we see guys like Adams, Kupp, Diggs, etc. tearing up the league.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Everyone always falls in love with H/W/S when evaluating WR yet we see guys like Adams, Kupp, Diggs, etc. tearing up the league.

I like London and Burks cause both are very good WRs.  They have size and enough athleticism.

We aren't talking about Stephen Hill types who can't do anything except run.

13 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

It's not H/W/S, it's London couldn't separate in college, how will that change in the NFL?

Sure he could. He separates in the short and intermediate areas, and dominants contested catch situations down the field. He’s the best at that since Mike Evans.

On 4/15/2022 at 12:03 PM, tyler735 said:

Agreed. Sometimes guys just don't test as well as expected for whatever reason despite evidence showing they are explosive on the field. Treylon Burks is one of those guys

The thing with Burks is that he has absolutely absurd high end speed, which even the 40 underrates. Problem is how much top end speed really matters in the NFL vs. everything else. If thats 5-6 long TDs where others would have been tackled, thats super useful. If its 1-2 plays that most solid WRs would have made regardess, thats less useful. 10 yard splits (where he was solid but unspectacular) are more predictive of NFL success than top-end speed.

21 minutes ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

The thing with Burks is that he has absolutely absurd high end speed, which even the 40 underrates. Problem is how much top end speed really matters in the NFL vs. everything else. If thats 5-6 long TDs where others would have been tackled, thats super useful. If its 1-2 plays that most solid WRs would have made regardess, thats less useful. 10 yard splits (where he was solid but unspectacular) are more predictive of NFL success than top-end speed.

While I get that some guys aren't quite as good out of the blocks (accelerating) as others, which could lead to a poor 40 time. It would be inaccurate to say Burks is lacking in that regard with what he has shown on the field. His game against Alabama was an excellent display of his physical gifts and clearly showcased that he is very explosive on the field.

This play for example. He gets an inside release and has no issue accelerating past the Alabama corner for a deep catch down the field.

Then there's this play where he catches a back shoulder ball and has his momentum completely stop and is still able to accelerate and separate from the Alabama secondary for a long touchdown. 

Plays like this are far more valuable than any 40 time or 10 yard split ever could be in my opinion. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tyler735 said:

While I get that some guys aren't quite as good out of the blocks (accelerating) as others, which could lead to a poor 40 time. It would be inaccurate to say Burks is lacking in that regard with what he has shown on the field. His game against Alabama was an excellent display of his physical gifts and clearly showcased that he is very explosive on the field.

This play for example. He gets an inside release and has no issue accelerating past the Alabama corner for a deep catch down the field.

Then there's this play where he catches a back shoulder ball and has his momentum completely stop and is still able to accelerate and separate from the Alabama secondary for a long touchdown. 

Plays like this are far more valuable than any 40 time or 10 yard split ever could be in my opinion. 

Are those times before or after he visits the Mrs Freshley's outlet store?