2022 Prospect General Discussion Thread

Jeezla

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Don't think he's a #1 in the NFL, but he's going to be a really good pro.

He was damn good and a #1 before Garrett Wilson came to OSU, I feel just because he may have been a #2 for OSU doesn't necessarily mean he isn't a #1 at the next level because Brian Hartline went legendary with his WR recruiting and development. I feel like OSU had 3 future #1 receivers in their core with Wilson, Smith-Njigba and Olave. But then again its all in the eye of the beholder how teams view him.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

22 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

What's the word on Jameson Williams?

Obviously, he is no longer a 1st rounder. The question is how far he slides. 

J

Is that obvious? I can think of a handful of mid to late 20 teams who would probably love to add him to their offense. But clean tear of ACL is what I’ve read. Should be able to bounce back smoothly.

Edited by Fureys49ers

49 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

What's the word on Jameson Williams?

Obviously, he is no longer a 1st rounder. The question is how far he slides. 

J

Based on what his injury?  Dude was the most explosive WR in college easily this past season, on only 10 kick returns he got 352 yards, 35 per return and 2 TDs!  As a receiver he totally took the top off that Georgia defense especially in that SEC title game, dude is well worth a 1st round pick regardless of the injury.  Clearly will not be able to participate at the combine with the injury but I bet he would have ran a 4.3 range 40 and have a vertical of well over 35", dude is the most athletic WR in the draft.

36 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Based on what his injury?  Dude was the most explosive WR in college easily this past season, on only 10 kick returns he got 352 yards, 35 per return and 2 TDs!  As a receiver he totally took the top off that Georgia defense especially in that SEC title game, dude is well worth a 1st round pick regardless of the injury.  Clearly will not be able to participate at the combine with the injury but I bet he would have ran a 4.3 range 40 and have a vertical of well over 35", dude is the most athletic WR in the draft.

A torn ACL is not a minor injury. You say he will not be able to particupate in the Combine. My concern is whther he will be able to participate in training camp. Can he play in 2022 at all?

They say they expect full recovery, but by when? I was hoping to get more detail on the status. 

J

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Because you're effectively "punting"  his rookie season, because if you get anything more then that you're stoked.

45 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

A torn ACL is not a minor injury. You say he will not be able to particupate in the Combine. My concern is whther he will be able to participate in training camp. Can he play in 2022 at all?

They say they expect full recovery, but by when? I was hoping to get more detail on the status. 

J

Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Adrian Peterson, Teddy Bridgewater have all torn their ACL and returned from it.  

Amari Rodgers did as well and returned rather quickly, sure maybe Jameson will not be that lucky.  

https://www.si.com/college/2019/09/26/clemson-amari-rodgers-return-acl-tear

To call his career a total loss is a bit much, but sure he could drop and give a team an absolute steal.  Drake London played a little over half the season then fractured his ankle, no one is saying he will be some 2nd round pick because of it.  Derek Stingley barley played this year and ended his season after having surgery on his left foot, he is going to drop because of it?  Maybe but also maybe not, shocked if he is not a top 10 pick.

Didn't Kyle Hamilton hurt his knee this year and that caused him to miss a ton of games, so he is not a top 5 pick because of it?  I doubt it.  

Jaylen Waddle fractured his ankle last year and caused him to miss a ton of time, did not really workout because of it or run and he was the 6th pick overall, so what are we talking about here?  

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Adrian Peterson, Teddy Bridgewater have all torn their ACL and returned from it.  Amari Rodgers did as well and returned rather quickly, sure maybe Jameson will not be that lucky.  

https://www.si.com/college/2019/09/26/clemson-amari-rodgers-return-acl-tear

To call his career a total loss is a bit much, but sure he could drop and give a team an absolute steal.  Drake London played a little over half the season then fractured his ankle, no one is saying he will be some 2nd round pick because of it.  Derek Stingley barley played this year and ended his season after having surgery on his left foot, he is going to drop because of it?  Maybe but also maybe not, shocked if he is not a top 10 pick.

Didn't Kyle Hamilton hurt his knee this year and that caused him to miss a ton of games, so he is not a top 5 pick because of it?  I doubt it.  

Jaylen Waddle fractured his ankle last year and caused him to miss a ton of time, did not really workout because of it or run and he was the 6th pick overall, so what are we talking about here?  

Which brings us to the point of the question, does anyone have any information about his status and likely rehab time? 

J

43 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Which brings us to the point of the question, does anyone have any information about his status and likely rehab time? 

J

I saw somewhere it was a clean tear.  So hypothetically an easier recovery.  But different guys heal differently.  I still think he's worth a first round pick.

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Because you're effectively "punting"  his rookie season, because if you get anything more then that you're stoked.

So? If you're in the latter half of the first round and can get a top 15 talent that you might have to redshirt, why wouldn't you? Dude will be probably be ready to play at some point during the season. Issue will be the lack of reps. If this was a torn patellar tendon, I'd agree. But a torn ACL? Nah.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 1

Jeffery Simmons is always the reference point I go to for draft prospects and ACL injuries. He tore his on February 12 and made his season debut on October 20, so about a 10 month recovery.

Now DL and WR are different and everyone recovers differently, but I don’t see why Williams shouldn’t be able to contribute for the 2nd half of the 2022 season. No way I see him dropping out the 1st. In fact, with the Titans history of picking guys with injury questions, I don’t think they’d pass on him if he falls to them.

5 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Jeffery Simmons is always the reference point I go to for draft prospects and ACL injuries. He tore his on February 12 and made his season debut on October 20, so about a 10 month recovery.

Now DL and WR are different and everyone recovers differently, but I don’t see why Williams shouldn’t be able to contribute for the 2nd half of the 2022 season. No way I see him dropping out the 1st. In fact, with the Titans history of picking guys with injury questions, I don’t think they’d pass on him if he falls to them.

You have to back to 2003 when the last time we saw a skill position tear their ACL and get selected in the first round.  And just because they'll be back and playing doesn't mean they'll be playing at a high level.  And Tennessee is the exact type of team I could see being willing to select Williams in the first round.

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

Maybe 👀

I just came across them on youtube and am checking their site out and it looks like a lot of individual prospect scouting reports. Looks good to me, but kinda familiar writing and I can't quite put my finger on who it reminds me of.