2022 Prospect General Discussion Thread

Jeezla

On 1/28/2022 at 7:51 PM, Jeezla said:

If Devin Lloyd is 24 (he probably is), does that drop him to round 2?

I could see that keeping a guy out of the top 12-15. I honestly don’t imagine it keeps him out of the 1st for any smart team.

Let’s do the math as I see it.

You take him as a rookie in the 1st for his age 24-28 (28 is 5th year option) seasons. The way the league ACTUALLY works either he walks in FA anyways, or if you love him you give him a 4-5 year deal (29-33 years old), which because of the financials in the league these days you were going to cut him before that age 33 season anyways. How many big 5 year deal guys play out the whole thing (outside QB)? Even at QB they tend to restructure before the last year.

There you have it, 2 contracts and all his prime years. Cut bait before he falls off a cliff. Why avoid drafting a stud because he’s maybe 1 year older than someone else? Now if you get a Brandon Weeden/ Hayden Hurst situation (25-26 year old) maybe that’s different. Hell, Hurst went round 1 anyways. Prime example.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Should be today iirc

The annual Senior Bowl tradition of having the week's prospects get weighed-in and measured in front of hundreds of NFL evaluators and media is no more.

Senior Bowl executive director Jim Nagy told CBS Sports Sunday it will close this week's national scouting weigh-in to all but those doing the measurements. It follows an under-the-radar announcement Nagy made in mid-November.

"We felt it was best that weigh-ins be held in a more private setting during our player registration process," Nagy said via email, "and it also allowed us to create two additional hours of scheduled interview time for the teams and players on Tuesday morning."