Week 15: Packers @ Ravens. POSTGAME: Packers WIN 31-30, Improve to 11-3 & win the NFC North Title!

FAH1223

Two easiest steps the Packers can take to fix the ST as best as possible (given that they aren't going to file Drayton no matter what he does at this point): 

1. Sign a veteran return man who preferably can return both punts and KOs. Not sure who is out there, whether it's Ervin or someone else, but we can only go up. 

2. Literally consider adding another K to the active roster who can simply boom the ball out or deep into the endzone on KOs. Crosby is going to have fewer and fewer touchbacks as the year goes on and the weather gets worse. I would seriously give thought to bringing in someone to use on KOs in order to minimize return opportunities. 

These two moves would at least help us in 3 out of the 4 phases involving punts/KOs. Punt coverage can also be more controlled by Bojo himself in not out-punting the coverage. 

24 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Two easiest steps the Packers can take to fix the ST as best as possible (given that they aren't going to file Drayton no matter what he does at this point): 

1. Sign a veteran return man who preferably can return both punts and KOs. Not sure who is out there, whether it's Ervin or someone else, but we can only go up. 

2. Literally consider adding another K to the active roster who can simply boom the ball out or deep into the endzone on KOs. Crosby is going to have fewer and fewer touchbacks as the year goes on and the weather gets worse. I would seriously give thought to bringing in someone to use on KOs in order to minimize return opportunities. 

These two moves would at least help us in 3 out of the 4 phases involving punts/KOs. Punt coverage can also be more controlled by Bojo himself in not out-punting the coverage. 

Could we have Bojo kick off?

MLF made reference to increasing his use of veterans on ST.  Rasul played ST, MLF credited him as the guy who deked the Chicago guy into stepping out of bounds and nullifying the Amari fumble.  He seemed to recognize that perhaps a guy like Lazard is now healthy enough to get back onto ST?  

15 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Assuming Lamar Jackson isn't playing, I think offense and defense cover up the special teams **** ups in this one.  But it'll be much closer than the game vs the Bears.

Nothing surprising .. offense and defense have been doing that all year.  Some of the final scores would be 14-20 points different in Packers favor if the special teams were anything close to "normal".

38 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

It really doesn't matter who plays for the Ravens. They are going to be running the same offense.

That’s what I saw when I watched Huntley.  Of course he can’t move like a healthy LJ, no one can, but he’s got wheels. I also saw him make some decent throws. This would be the 4th game he’s played so he has some experience and we’ve got some tape. A hobbled Lamar could be easier depending on how severe his ankle injury. 

Tough game, Baltimore has been pretty good at times.  Road games are always tougher for the Packers, I think.  And I kinda feel like Rodgers kinda likes to play against familiar teams and players.  

Man it would be nice to pull out a win.  Maybe even a decisive one would be fun.  Seems like after getting stomped by the Saints, it's been kinda uphill all season in terms of seed, and then as soon as we got to the top after beating AZ, we immediately had the Love/KC loss and lost that top position.  Would be super awesome to win this one and hold top-seed for more than a week.