Week 15: Packers @ Ravens. POSTGAME: Packers WIN 31-30, Improve to 11-3 & win the NFC North Title!

FAH1223

18 minutes ago, craig said:

Yeah, that was tough.  Just like last week, seemed he was surrounded in the pocket a lot, but he could consistently escape, and usually get some free run for a variably good gain.  

Huntley was very impressive.  And Andres, that guy is really good.  They seemed to have a good plan. 

That combo of a great TE plus a good running QB is a very challenging combination.  Our corners have covered well, but when the opponent doesn't attack the corners much, you're still vulnerable.  

Losing Tonyan was a large blow to the offense.  The fill ins have done a reasonable job but it has to evolve for sure.

3 minutes ago, Brad gluckman said:

What's up with Josh Myers? I always hear about Bakh, but nothing about Myers.

As Leader said, he was filmed jogging kinda gingerly on the sideline this week.  I'd love to get 100% Myers back.  But I'm not sure Patrick is quite as vulnerable as Kelly might be?  Would love to get both back 100%.  Or, Bakhti-or-Turner plus Myers?  

15 minutes ago, Gharmon said:

Does Bahk go to LT or do we keep Yijman there since he looks comfortable?

Kelly has to go either way 

Obviously once Turner is back he'll man RT. He's been arguably top 5 RT

Once Bahk looks like he's practicing at something close to full speed the job is his. It practically goes without saying. Yosh probably shifts over to RT until Turner's back into the fold at that point. Puncher's chance that instead Turner gets shifted to RG, giving the team a relative upgrade at backup Guard in Newman as a result.

28 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

Once Bahk looks like he's practicing at something close to full speed the job is his. It practically goes without saying. Yosh probably shifts over to RT until Turner's back into the fold at that point. Puncher's chance that instead Turner gets shifted to RG, giving the team a relative upgrade at backup Guard in Newman as a result.

I heard someone say that Yosh 2.0 has never even played RT? Didn't look much into it though. Kelly has been ok aside from the sack today.

5 hours ago, Norm said:

I usually drag Dave in there when we play in the afternoon

I was watching the score on my phone at the bar.  I was trying to log-in to be a super troll, but I don't remember my password, like it is saved on my computer at home, and at work, but I have no ******* idea what it is.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, coachbuns said:

No it's not fine.  In this day and age that Chevy would have been taken to the junk yard and ground up.  Even more so, NOBODY is going to take all that time and money to fix up some old car.  God, I feel better now I've gotten that off my chest.  To much anxiety from the game.

That chick really wanted to bang that old guy though.  Think that she got some after paying to restore his car?  I hope so.

3 hours ago, DWhitehurst said:

Question: I'm not trying to defend Drayton, but does personnel also play a factor in the poor Special Teams play or is it all just a coaching issue? 

It is probably 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.  The problem is, the entire unit just sucks.  Our kicking has been a rollercoaster all season.  Our punting is okay, but he also shanks one for every boomer that he hits.  We have replaced a long snapper because he was bad, and the replacement is just as bad.  We cannot get the ball further than the 20 on a kickoff.  We can barely field a punt without muffing it.  We are the only team to surrender a punt return for a touchdown.  And how many games have we given up starting field position at about the 40 after a kickoff?  

A lot of it is probably just one guy screwing up.  But one guy screws up like 80% of the the time.  Either we have managed to assemble the 53 worst special teams players on one roster, or there is a coaching deficiency.  

13 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

It is probably 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.  The problem is, the entire unit just sucks.  Our kicking has been a rollercoaster all season.  Our punting is okay, but he also shanks one for every boomer that he hits.  We have replaced a long snapper because he was bad, and the replacement is just as bad.  We cannot get the ball further than the 20 on a kickoff.  We can barely field a punt without muffing it.  We are the only team to surrender a punt return for a touchdown.  And how many games have we given up starting field position at about the 40 after a kickoff?  

A lot of it is probably just one guy screwing up.  But one guy screws up like 80% of the the time.  Either we have managed to assemble the 53 worst special teams players on one roster, or there is a coaching deficiency.  

seriously?

30 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

That chick really wanted to bang that old guy though.  Think that she got some after paying to restore his car?  I hope so.

Maybe you're right, but the impression I came away with is that "the chick" is the old guy's daughter. Check out the picture of the man's deceased wife early in the ad, and compare it to the young woman.

What was up with the OLB losing contain all the damn time? That was just bizarre how they never corrected that pass rush. Was the gameplan to try to stop the inside run no matter the cost? I'm confused how we have two great run defending OLBs and didn't play more of a contain the QB style.