Week 15 General Discussion

Broncofan

5 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Ahhh yes every organization who doesn't trade half a decade of firsts for the first overall pick when their QB sucks is terrible. 

management for us has been terrible but this isn't the only reason why. You as a browns fan should know that

I am a Browns fan so I have a long history of knowing what incompetence looks like in managing roster construction and QB evaluation--so you should probably take my opinion on the subject with a little more weight lol

They had a chance to draft Allen--they took Chubb. They had a chance to draft Fields/Jones and they took Surtain. You don't see how they are constantly working against themselves? Honestly? At some point excuses for not taking QB prospects need to run out. 

My time of tolerating Osweiler, Keenum, Sanchez, Siemian, Flacco and Teddy is about over.

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I am a Browns fan so I have a long history of knowing what incompetence looks like in managing roster construction and QB evaluation--so you should probably take my opinion on the subject with a little more weight lol

They had a chance to draft Allen--they took Chubb. They had a chance to draft Fields/Jones and they took Surtain. You don't see how they are constantly working against themselves? Honestly? At some point excuses for not taking QB prospects need to run out. 

My time of tolerating Osweiler, Keenum, Sanchez, Siemian, Flacco and Teddy is about over.

You seem to think crystal balls exist and that team situations don't matter.  Have fun with that.

35 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Wait

only Mahomes, Peyton Manning, and Trent Dilfer have been the only  top 10 drafted QBs to win the super bowl since 2000? 

last one before them was John Elway. 

terrible point is terrible.

Basing QB success solely on whether or not they've won a Superbowl is just asinine. There's also making the playoffs, winning a playoff game, and or getting to an AFC/NFCCG or a Superbowl. All of those outcomes during a season are considered a success, and it's something a team cant do consistently w/o a franchise QB, and most of those players are drafted in the top ten. Banking on franchise QBs becoming available via trade or FA is not sound strategy.

Edited by BroncoSojia

4 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

Basing QB success solely on whether or not they've won a Superbowl is just asinine. There's also making the playoffs, winning a playoff game, and or getting to an AFC/NFCCG or a Superbowl. All of those outcomes during a season are considered a success, and it's something a team cant do consistently w/o a franchise QB, and most of those players are drafted in the top ten. Banking on franchise QBs becoming available via trade or FA is not sound strategy.

Sure but the whole point was picking them in the top 10 isn't this huge thing he's cracking it up to be. Rodgers was what, 3 picks from being a 2nd rounder? That's the point I was making.

wilson was a 3rd rounder, Big Ben and Flacco were outside the top 10. Rodgers was outside the top 10. 

Edited by BullsandBroncos

7 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Sure but the whole point was picking them in the top 10 isn't this huge thing he's cracking it up to be. Rodgers was what, 3 picks from being a 2nd rounder? That's the point I was making.

wilson was a 3rd rounder, Big Ben and Flacco were outside the top 10. Rodgers was outside the top 10. 

My issue is that outside of Lynch, we haven't really tried to really target one in the first despite having a gigantic need for a QB in the past 6 years.

10 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Long May your team’s neglect of the most important position in sports continue. 

As long as you keep putting Locks and bridgewaters out whilst we roll with Mahomes, I’m happy. Enjoy Surtain though

1 minute ago, BroncoSojia said:

My issue is that outside of Lynch, we haven't really tried to really target one in the first despite having a gigantic need for a QB in the past 6 years.

I'm not disputing that, but people that we missed out on at QB weren't as good of prospects as players we picked and not many people can wrap their head around that. Chubb was a better prospect than Allen. Not many were high on Herbert